Alfresco’s Competitive Intelligence analyst will be a difference-maker in the development of the company strategy, as the primary researcher and analyst for keeping track of Alfresco’s competitors, globally. Working closely with the Director of Market Strategy and the product team, the Competitive Analyst will gather information on key competitors every day, and make sure that the information is analyzed and reported out to the executives & sales leadership to influence company strategy and tactics. The Competitive Analyst may, from time to time, work on special research projects for the executive team related to competitive analysis.
Alfresco is a growing company in an established market space, and must therefore be in constant touch with what is happening in the market. This role will be a difference-maker in the company strategy, and is a good learning ground for future product and marketing strategy roles within Alfresco. The role will require someone with proven digital research, analysis and communication skills, who is able to interact on a daily basis with executives and sales leaders to make sure Alfresco is positioned to compete effectively in the market.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business, math/statistics, computer science, journalism or communications
- 5-10 years of professional experience, preferably at high-tech software companies in growth industries
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Ability to understand market spaces and technology, and write intelligently about a competitor’s announcements
- An understanding of market differentiation and core competencies, in order to be able to analyze Alfresco’s position vis-à-vis competitors
- Proven ability to analyze data and messaging, and distill information to actionable conclusions that can quickly inform the rest of the team
- Strong organization and content management skills
- Self-starter, with a desire to speak-up and add informed opinions to strategic conversations
- Gather information on key competitors through a variety of sources including, but not limited to internal data, online research, complex internet search techniques, industry analysts, social media, interviews with clients and prospects, trade shows, consulting studies, and Alfresco's sales and services team
- Work with the internal stakeholders (executives, marketing, product, sales leadership, etc.) to craft competitive messaging and talk tracks against our key competitors for our executives, client-facing and prospect-facing associates
- Organize, analyze, and distill information on Alfresco's key competitors into actionable intelligence and recommendations for key stakeholders and create actionable, effective, and frequently updated competitive positioning assets (e.g. playbooks, cheat sheets, etc.) for our client-facing and prospect-facing associates
- Answer competitive questions from sales reps, service associates, relationship managers, and other stakeholders
- Develop and maintain field intelligence networks to ensure on-going gathering and analyzing of competitive information from our client-facing and prospect-facing associates
- Support the development of Alfresco's product strategy, service strategy, marketing strategy, and sales strategy
- Competitive compensation package
- Highly challenging and rewarding environment
- Ability to impact the business and shape your role
- Equal opportunity employer
Freedom to act
This role will report to the Director of Market Strategy although it is expected that the individual will work largely independently and need minimal supervision.
25% travel will be required for this role, both domestic & international