Customer Relationship Manager
The successful candidate will be mainly responsible for the renewal of Support & Maintenance subscriptions (contracts) of their ECM Product and will be targeted on retention. Protecting this crucial, predictable revenue stream is a key role with high visibility. He/she will also need to nurture the relationship with customers and provide quality customer service by responding to external queries in an efficient and informed manner and proactively offering ongoing care and service. He/she will be the main point of contact for existing Customers and Partners. Candidate will be responsible for UK accounts and potentially some of the Nordic Countries, and France. Scandinavian language skills (Danish, Norwegian, or Swedish) and or French a plus.
- Engage with clients to drive engagement and value
- Engage client early to understand the big picture, proactively position value and assist with execution
- Own and manage interaction plans to ensure continuity and renewal
- Present status update on on-going, frequent basis
- Maximize impact of cross functional resources (Support, Professional services, Field, etc) & personally intervene when appropriate
- Advocate on behalf of clients with Product management, Engineering and Management for critical product enhancements and issue resolution
- Partner with broader, Senior account team (sales, PS, CS Executives) to provide seamless customer interaction
- Analyze data on Support usage, surveys and all other forms of feedback to form a comprehensive point of view on clients/territory. Report on health & propensity to renew.
- Issue renewal contracts with a view to getting them signed and returned prior to expiry - high renewal rates are measured according to quarterly targets
- Create and maintain a rolling 4 Quarter view of your territory
- Sell the value of Support to the customer and keep in contact with the customer in the ‘dead zone’
- Proactively win back delayed contracts and sell consolidated renewals to bring revenues forward
- Ensure Salesforce is regularly updated for the easy tracking of results
- Work closely with the internal and external Sales and the technical teams to create a united front to the customer and to identify other revenue opportunities
- Accurately provide a weekly and monthly forecast for Support renewal revenue to the Alfresco Customer Relationship Team Leader for EMEA Region.
- Liaise closely with the Support team to fix possible issues in a proactive manner
- Liaise closely with the Finance team to address possible debt or credit term issues
Background & experience
- 3 years successful track record in a sales role (Account management preferred with strong Customer care skills) within a software / IT company
- English Speaker, any additional language a plus, particularly Scandinavian Languages: Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish.
- Possess the technical /sales expertise required to successfully conduct all phases of the renewal cycle.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Customer focused and prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ – good listener
- Able to articulate the value of Support and effectively manage objections
- Excellent telephone manner and written skills
- Team player and excellent communicator who can work seamlessly with Sales, Technical and Finance colleagues
- High activity level, enthusiastic, self motivated, tenacious – definitely not a ‘clock watcher’
- Experience of working in a start up would be an advantage. MUST be a self-starter
- Computer literate with experience of recording information in a CRM system
- Face to face Customer experience will be an advantage
- Experience of working with different cultures and adapt to different territories
- Ambitious and stable who aspires to grow within Alfresco
- • Passion for the business – driven and committed • Customer focused • Great Team player (Team revenue target) • High integrity • Excellent communication skills and ability to work with different personalities and temperaments • Flexible and adaptable to a rapidly changing environment • Able to work autonomously and proactively • Proven influencer and negotiator • Creative and excellent problem solver • Tenacious • Self starter and self-motivator • Ability to multi-task • "Can-Do" approach to a wide and rapidly changing workload • Willingness and ability to accommodate different time zones • Willingness to work from time to time over extended hours in order to achieve goals set by immediate manager or demanded by key customers
- Competitive compensation package
- Highly challenging and rewarding environment
- Ability to impact the business and change processes
- As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Freedom to act
This role will report to the Customer Relationship Team Leader, EMEA, although it is expected that this individual will work largely independently and need minimal supervision.
Some travel may be required for this role