Premier Services Technical Account Manager (TAM)
Alfresco is the leading open source alternative for enterprise content management. It couples the innovation of open source with the stability of a true enterprise-class platform. The open source model allows Alfresco to use best-of-breed open source technologies and contributions from the open source community to get higher quality software produced more quickly at much lower cost.
Alfresco Premier Services
At Alfresco, we are dedicated to customer success and delivering outstanding results, experiences and business value throughout the entire customer lifecycle. In an effort to enhance the support already provided to our most valuable enterprise customers, we offer Alfresco Premier Services.
The Alfresco Technical Account Management Program provides customers with a highly skilled, proactive Technical Account Manager (TAM) who acts as a single point of contact into Alfresco’s global support organization. This resource is assigned to you, has a detailed knowledge of your work environment and business needs, and acts as your advocate, ensuring that support issues and technical requests are addressed and resolved quickly. Additionally, the TAM must have good working relationships with any involved Partners to help continuously improving the Premier service and maintain a high level of customer success and satisfaction.
- Provide 24x7 support for Mission Critical (severity 1) issues.
- Provide coordination over all other support cases to facilitate a holistic view and interaction with each Customer.
- Conduct weekly case reviews
- Assist with Alfresco upgrade planning and activities
- Perform an annual health check for each Customer
- Proactively provide information to their portfolio of customers to prevent issues from occurring.
- Build and maintain a system similar to customer environment.
- Document and maintain documentation on the WWW Premier Site to share all knowledge with other members of the Premier team.
- Perform quarterly on-site visits for each customer, documenting recommendations.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers and record these resolutions for general use.
- Work with other teams as required to provide best practice advice, identify potential workarounds and supply support code add-ons for Enterprise customers.
- Maintain interaction with Sales force and Professional Services to insure customer needs are met and growth opportunities are maximized.
- Internally, the Service Engineer will have mentoring responsibilities in US to support future growth of technical and field staff.
- Additionally, the Service Engineer must act as a Champion for the Alfresco corporate values around customer success.
- A passion for customers and a strong interest and desire to handle a variety of technical issues from the very basic through the ambiguous to highly complex and political.
- Experience and desire in managing strategically important customer accounts.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, learn quickly and be proactive.
- Proven problem-solving ability in both business and technical environments.
- Ability to make engineering code changes, review customer code, write scripts and debuggers to aid in problem resolution, and make re-usable as needed.
- Ability to trace and debug Web applications.
- Perform analysis and tune operating system and web technology performance.
- Understanding of network protocol layers, security layers and domain models.
- Client facing interaction/liaison, - having had at least 1 year background in direct on-site contact/interaction dealing with end clients.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Understanding of Enterprise Content Management.
- Experience with Hibernate, Spring Aspect-Oriented Framework and the Lucene Text Search Engine.
- Understanding of one or more relational databases.
- Knowledge of JSR170, JSR-168 Portlet Specification, JSR-127 Java Server Faces.
- Language – English at advanced level and any other languages a plus
- Competitive compensation package
- Highly challenging and rewarding environment
- Ability to impact the business and change processes
- As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Freedom to act
This role will report to the Global Premier Services Director and be largely independently and requiring minimal supervision. It is also expected that the individual will work closely with the Alfresco Support and Sales teams.
A minimum of 15% travel will be required for this role.
Office-based in one of our 4 global sites