Test Engineer, Cloud Services
The job will be to work with the Cloud Scrum team to: clarify requirements to be testable, identify what testing is required for all sprint deliverables, develop and execute the tests and interpret the results to inform release decisions.
Role and Responsibilities
- Generating estimates of test effort required, as well as turning estimates/coverage into detailed tests with clear objectives, deliverables and risk assessment. Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Reporting status on test activities, opportunities, risks and issues. Contribute to improving efficiency of test methodology and processes throughout the Cloud Scrum team.
- Assess how effective the software testing was and determine how the testing process and coverage can be improved.
- Design, define and implement automated test suites individually and through the team.
- Write and execute both manual tests and automation: including functional, integration, exploratory, performance, soak, negative and black box tests.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Experience testing web applications.
- Knowledge of Java programming language.
- Knowledge of multi-tier web applications.
- Test automation, acceptance testing, load testing, and creating test scripts for API and Web Service testing.
- Usage of JMeter, Selenium, AWS and scripting languages are an advantage.
- Experience deploying a web (SaaS) application, monitoring system health and analysing log files.
- Understanding of network configuration.
- Worked in an agile environment.
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively.
Freedom to Act
The person who fills this role will report directly to a Lead QA team-leader within the Engineering group at Alfresco.
Some travel may be required for this role.
Please apply by submitting a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org