Vice President, Product Marketing
Alfresco is the open platform for business-critical content management and collaboration. Alfresco enables document-intensive business processes and secure collaboration, helping companies to service customers better and adapt quickly to market changes. Every day, over 7 million business users in 180 countries rely on Alfresco to manage 4 billlion documents, files and processes - behind the firewall, in the cloud and even on their mobile devices.
The VP Product Marketing Role reports to the Chief Marketing Officer. They are responsible for ensuring Alfresco’s products are successfully introduced and sold into the market on a worldwide basis. The person in this role will be the market-facing partner to the product management team with product marketing responsibility for all products as well as the solutions marketing efforts, which showcase the extensibility of the Alfresco platform.
The person in this role will have the opportunity to scale the function, continuing to define the role of product marketing to fit the needs and objectives of the Company.
You will be responsible for:
- Track market(s) and competitive intelligence.
- Inform product requirements alongside product management.
- Play strategic role in defining how products are presented to market, e.g. solutions.
- Participate in product pricing strategy.
- Own messaging and positioning for products.
- Own thought leadership content for products and related solutions.
- Enable sales through development of appropriate tools.
- Ensure field (including sales and developer evangelists) readiness around products.
- Promote products among influencers: analysts, media and social influencers.
- Serves as an active speaker for the Company.
- Own marketing aspects of product launches.
- Support sales in the field.
Experience & Qualifications
- 12+ years of product marketing experience with at least half in a management/leadership role.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or computer science; MBA preferred.
- Marketing experience in a start-up environment.
- SaaS/Cloud offering experience
- Strong technical acumen with ability to stand toe-to-toe with product management and engineering.
- Ability to build the discipline of a team.
- Ability to develop team members.
- Competitive compensation package
- Highly challenging and rewarding environment
- Ability to impact the business
- As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Freedom to act
This role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer, although it is expected that the individual will work largely independently and need minimal supervision.
25% travel will be required for this role, both domestic & international
San Mateo, CA