Technical Account Manager (TAM) – Atlanta GA
Alfresco Support Engineers need to be versatile. Since Alfresco is Open Source, our Support Engineers need to be code literate, and able to contribute to the code, while at the same time providing a high level of expertise and an exceptional quality of service to our partners, external and internal customers.
- Requires the ability to take full ownership and control of an issue without supervision, to develop and maintain excellent relationships with specific customer (and partner) accounts, and to help in continuously improving the support service to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Proactively provide information to those customers to prevent issues from occurring.
- Build and Maintain a system similar to customer environment.
- Document and maintain documentation on the WWW Premier Site to share all knowledge with other members of the Premier team.
- Perform quarterly on-site visits for each customer, documenting recommendations.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers and record these resolutions for general use.
- Work with other teams as required to provide best practice advice, identify potential workarounds and supply support code add-on’s for Enterprise customers.
- Maintain interaction with Sales force and Professional Services to insure customer needs are met and growth opportunities are maximized.
- Provide 24x7 support for Mission Critical issues.
- A passion for customers and a strong interest and desire to handle a variety of technical issues from the very basic through the ambiguous to highly complex and political.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, learn quickly and be proactive.
- Proven problem-solving ability in both business and technical environments.
- Experience and desire in managing strategically important customer accounts.
Technical Skills & Essential Skills
- Ability to make engineering code changes, review customer code, write scripts and debuggers to aid in problem resolution, and make re-usable as needed.
- Ability to trace and debug Web applications.
- Perform analysis and tune operating system and web technology performance.
- Understanding of network protocol layers, security layers and domain models.
- Client facing interaction/liaison, - having had at least 1 year background in direct on-site contact/interaction dealing with end clients.
- Understanding of Enterprise Content Management.
- Experience with Hibernate, Spring Aspect-Oriented Framework and the Lucene Text Search Engine.
- Understanding of one or more relational databases.
- Knowledge of JSR170, JSR-168 Portlet Specification, JSR-127 Java Server Faces.
Freedom to Act
This role will report to the Technical Support Manager, or whomever she shall designate, although it is expected that the individual will work largely independently and need minimal supervision.
Up to 30% travel may be required for this role visiting clients across the US.
Please apply by submitting a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org