Alfresco Consulting is a small, strategic practice of experienced technical consultants whose mission is to maximise Alfresco customer success via for-fee consulting engagements. Our role in customer and partner projects is as the Alfresco subject matter expert, mitigating the technology risks around customising Alfresco and providing best practice expertise and specific guidance on how Alfresco’s capabilities can best be leveraged to meet the requirements of the customer. Unlike many traditional Professional Services groups we do not provide large scale development services – for that we leverage our extensive network of Systems Integration Partners, whom we often work closely with on specific customer accounts.
Our engagement model is very flexible – consulting packages are purchased on a day-rate basis, and can be used by the customer on an ad-hoc basis; the majority of these services can be provided remotely. Additional information is available at http://www.alfresco.com/services/consulting/
Alfresco is looking for senior technical consultants with deep experience in enterprise software to join our global consulting practice. Responsibilities include system architecture definition, design and review of plug-ins and integrations, advice and dissemination of best practices, and working closely with the Alfresco Support and Engineering teams. Our consultants are required to be utility players, at times taking on roles such as pre-sales, training, support etc.
- Job Type: Full time employee
- Location: Flexible - Work from home
- Experience: Minimum 5 years, 8+ years preferred
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Compensation: Competitive
- Self starter, ability to work with minimal supervision
- Project development and implementation experience
- Experience with content management system(s) (Alfresco is preferred but EMC Documentum, Microsoft SharePoint, Vignette VCM, Interwoven TeamSite etc. also considered)
- Ability to juggle multiple engagements simultaneously
- Strong communications skills with the demonstrated ability to engage with both senior business and senior technical customer staff
- At least 5 years Java experience (both Java the language and Java the platform)
- Understanding of enterprise architecture, preferably in the context of high scale, clustered Java web applications
- Understanding of J2EE architecture and the components on which it is based
- (RDBMS, Spring, Hibernate, REST etc.)
- Ability to travel frequently.
- Professional Services / Consulting experience
- Project management and requirements analysis experience
- Experience with software development methodologies (SDLC, agile, etc.) and supporting technologies (bug tracking, source control, change and configuration management, etc.)
- Pre-sales / sales-engineering experience a plus
- Training experience a plus
- Language – English advanced and any other languages a plus
The role of the Technical Consultant is multi-fold with following types of duties:
- Lead on short, focused strategic engagements as the Alfresco subject matter expert for Alfresco customers and partners in their designated region
- Lead on intense, troubleshooting engagements as the Alfresco subject matter expert for Alfresco customers and partners to support highly customized platforms.
- Work with partners and the open source community in developing new extensions, features, samples, etc. that can be contributed back to the Alfresco Open Source project
- Provide OEM/ISV partners with a first line of developer assistance as they work to integrate their technologies with Alfresco
- KM & Training:
- Contribute to corporate KM and documentation to ensure customer and partner access to evolving best practices
- Deliver Alfresco technical workshops or training (both public and on-site) to Alfresco customers, prospects and the community
- Assist the training team in reviewing and (at times) authoring training curricula
- Work with the pre-sales team to technically scope and close strategic deals
- Technical assistance to Solutions Engineers and Sales team when necessary.
Travel will be required for this role.
Multiple: Tokyo, Japan / US / Europe