BEEFLY TOUCH is a Rich Internet Application, available in a user- friendly touch screen interface.
The intuitive touch screen interface enables users to index and store documents by following a few simple steps. It has been developed by using Flash/Flex and Java technologies.
The system administrator can use an intuitive web-based interface, called ADAMO (Alfresco.DAta MOdel), to create ad hoc custom models and to customize the related metadata.
The main features of BEEFLY TOUCH are:
- Integrated document preview (available for the following file formats: pdf, MS Office, Open Office, images, xml e txt);
- Document properties preview;
- Remote scanning, by using a TWAIN compatible scanner. Multi-document scanning with Barcode Page Separator;
- Document upload from file system;
- Records Management, complying with the Italian Records Management standards (DigitPA);
- Full-text search;
- Advanced search: search by custom type and by metadata;
- Cut, move, copy, paste and delete;
- Search results preview;
- Alphanumeric touch screen keyboard;
- Ad hoc metadata attributes, characterizing files and folders;
- Advanced file and folder search;
- Easy scanner configuration through the following parameters: resolution, scanning pixel types (colours/black and white), file format selection (Tiff, Pdf, Jpeg). OCR support;
- Integrated address book, to provide an integrated collection of addressing information;
- Multi-language user interface (supported languages: English, French, Italian and other languages);
- OCR scanning software.
BEEFLY can be easily installed on a virtual machine. Application modules are handled through Apache Maven.
- Touch screen user interface: intuitive and user-friendly front-end interface, enabling users to easily store and search for business documents.
- Remote scanning: documents can be scanned, indexed, stored and accessed through any web client. Multi- document scanning with Barcode Page Separator. OCR support.
- Records Management, complying with the Italian Records Management standards (DigitPA).
- Integrated address book.
- Custom Type Management: users can index different kinds of documents by simply using ad hoc custom models and their related metadata. Only the system administrator is allowed to create and manage custom models, by using an intuitive web-based interface.
- Full-text and advanced search: documents can be searched by custom type or by metadata, directly by using the touch screen interface.
- Electronic Folder Management: folders can be characterized by ad hoc metadata, which enable users to quickly view and search for folder contents.
- BEEFLY uses the CMIS protocol to communicate with the Alfresco platform.