Alfresco and Jive Partner to Deliver Social Content Management
Alfresco and Jive Integration makes social content available to users across both platforms to enhance discussion and cross-collaboration
LONDON and LOS ANGELES — March 29, 2011 — Alfresco Software, the open platform for social content management, and Jive Software today announced a partnership to bring best of breed content management and social business software together for customers. The companies are collaborating with Jive consulting partner, SolutionSet to deliver an Alfresco-Jive connector that brings enterprise-class repository functionality to Jive content and allows Alfresco content to behave as native Jive content.
The integration will be based on Alfresco Enterprise 3.4 using the CMIS open standard. Alfresco Enterprise 3.4 is a content platform that can co-exist with social business systems such as Jive to help manage and retain the content created by social business systems.
“Social business systems like Jive are certainly enabling new ways of collaboration in the enterprise, and users are adopting them quickly. Now enterprises can have the best of both worlds,” said John Newton, Alfresco CTO. “By combining best of breed social business technology with best of breed ECM, enterprise content becomes both social and organized; resulting in more effective employees & well-managed enterprise content. This partnership is a perfect example of how open standards, like CMIS, can enable new & powerful use cases.”
“We are excited to join forces with Alfresco to drive the benefits of Social Business Software to our customers,” said Matt Tucker, Co-Founder and CTO of Jive. “Alfresco provides a proven enterprise content management system. Jive taps into the Alfresco system to ‘socialize’ the content, facilitate collaboration, and make it available in the activity stream. Access and interaction with Alfresco content becomes seamless in Jive. This makes content management more searchable, ratable, likable, commentable, and most importantly, more social.”
Key new capabilities users will be able to take advantage of using the Alfresco/ Jive integration include:
- Cross Platform Publishing - In the Jive-Alfresco integration, documents can be created in Alfresco and published to Jive or created in Jive and published to Alfresco. Additionally, within Jive users can bring in an existing Alfresco document. In this way, users are free to work wherever they please (Jive or Alfresco) while still taking advantage of the integration.
- Common User Database and Taxonomy – By using LDAP, Jive and Alfresco will utilize the common user store database to ensure that authorship of documents can remain consistent.
- Permissions Mapping and Synching – In order to maintain consistent content visibility / editability between systems, users can synchronize ACLs between both Jive and Alfresco systems.
- Standards-Based Integration - The primary interface from Jive to Alfresco is the CMIS interface, a standard enterprise content management API that is supported by Alfresco.
"As a customer of both Jive and Alfresco, we are already taking advantage of Alfresco's robust document management features on our Jive C3 Collaboration Platform,” said John A.Glowacki, Jr. Corporate VP and CTO, CSC. “We are pleased to see that Jive and Alfresco are partnering to deliver tighter integration and long-term support for our combined solution."
The Alfresco / Jive integration will be available soon. Join Alfresco & Jive at the Gartner Portals, Content & Collaboration Summit March 29th where both Jive and Alfresco will be available to further discuss the integration.
Additional resources on Alfresco’s approach, vision and strategy are also available:
- Alfresco Social Content Management video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HRIl_aERcI)
- Alfresco Enterprise 3.4 screen shots (http://www.flickr.com/photos/alfrescosoftware)
- Follow Alfresco on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube
Additional resources on Jive’s market-leading social business platform are also available:
About Alfresco Software
Alfresco Software (www.alfresco.com) is the leader in the open source enterprise content management (ECM) market. The company couples the innovation of open source with the stability of a true enterprise-class platform at a tenth of the cost. The Alfresco content platform uses a flexible architecture to provide document management, Web content management, records management and collaboration software to customers and partners in 40 countries. Headquartered in London, with US headquarters in Atlanta, Alfresco was founded in 2005 by a team of content management veterans including the co-founder of Documentum, John Newton, and former COO of Business Objects, John Powell.
About Social Business
Social Business is the new way to engage employees, customers and the social web. Jive's Social Business Software (SBS) combines the power of community software, collaboration software, social networking software, and social media monitoring offerings into an integrated platform. Just as social technologies have changed our personal lives, Social Business is changing how enterprises create competitive advantage.
About Jive – The New Way to Business
Jive is the largest and fastest growing independent Social Business Software company in the world. Jive is backed by Sequoia Capital and Kleiner Perkins. For more information, visit www.jivesoftware.com.
Alfresco Media Contact:
Lois Paul & Partners
Jive Media Contact: