Technical Consultant Japan (APAC)
Alfresco is looking for senior Technologists with deep experience in enterprise software to join the global consulting practice. Responsibilities include system architecture definition, application design, integration, advice and dissemination of best practices, and working with the Alfresco community on open source extensions to the core product. Our consultants are also required to be utility players, at times taking on roles such as pre-sales, training, support etc.
- Self starter, ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to juggle multiple accounts simultaneously.
- Strong communications skills with the demonstrated ability to engage with both senior business and senior technical customer staff.
- At least 5 years Java experience (both Java the language and Java the platform).
- Understanding of enterprise architecture, preferably in the context of high scale, clustered Java web applications.
- Understanding of J2EE architecture and the components on which it is based.
- (RDBMS, Spring, Hibernate, REST etc).
- Willingness to travel.
- Professional Services / Consulting experience.
- Project management and requirements analysis experience.
- Experience with other content management systems (EMC Documentum, Microsoft .
- Sharepoint, Vignette VCM, Interwoven TeamSite etc).
- Experience with software development methodologies (SDLC, agile, etc.) and supporting technologies (bug tracking, source control, change and configuration management, etc).
- Pre-sales / sales-engineering experience a plus.
- Training experience a plus.
- Language – Japanese native, English advanced.
The role of the Technical Consultant is multi-fold with following types of duties:
- Serve as the Alfresco subject matter expert on multiple Alfresco implementations.
- Work with partners and the open source community in developing new extensions, features, samples, etc. that can be contributed back to the Alfresco Open Source project.
- Provide OEM/ISV partners with a first line of developer assistance as they work to integrate their technologies with Alfresco.
- Deliver Alfresco technical training (both public and on-site) to Alfresco customers, prospects and the community.
- Customise Alfresco courseware for on-site training.
- Assist the training team in reviewing and (at times) authoring training curricula.
- Work with the pre-sales team to technically qualify deals.
- Act as a stand-in SE when circumstances require it.
- Assist the marketing team with marketing events in the local area.
About Alfresco Consulting
Alfresco Consulting is a small group of experienced technologists whose charter is to maximise Alfresco customer success via for-fee consulting engagements. Our role on customer projects is as the Alfresco subject matter expert, mitigating the technology risks around Alfresco and providing specific guidance on how Alfresco’s capabilities can best be leveraged to meet the specific requirements of the customer. Unlike many traditional Professional Services groups we do not provide large scale development services – for that we leverage our extensive network of Systems Integration Partners, whom we often work closely with on specific customer accounts.
Our engagement model is very flexible – consulting packages are purchased on a day-rate basis, and can be used by the customer on an ad-hoc basis; the majority of these services are provided remotely. Additional positioning information is available at http://www.alfresco.com/services/consulting/
Freedom to act
This role will report to the Global Consulting Manager, although it is expected that the individual will work largely independently and need minimal supervision.
Travel will be required for this role.
Tokyo, Japan, home based office
To apply please send your completed CV in English to: email@example.com