Global PR Manager
Alfresco’s Global Public Relations Manager will be high energy, multi-task oriented, self-motivated, deadline-oriented, have great follow up and closure, be an excellent writer and media pitching expertise, be a superb project manager, have stellar people skills and enterprise content management market knowledge as well as act as a big strategy planner while also possessing the ability to work in trenches daily. You will be part of a growing team with lots of opportunity to tell an exciting enterprise tech story with a growing pipeline of product and customer news filling up Alfresco’s go-to-market strategy.
In this role, you will work closely with the Sr. Manager of Global PR to execute against the current 2013 PR plans to deliver coverage, grow media relationships and increase Alfresco’s visibility in a competitive market.
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related fields
- At least 6 - 8 years of relevant experience as a PR professional, either client or agency side
- Ability to strategize with communications, operations and leadership teams to craft creative, engaging PR campaigns
- Proven experience successfully managing people and ability to coach, mentor and oversee work
- Media strategy and pitching expertise with strong track record of securing positive coverage and solid experience working closely with bloggers
- Exemplary writing and presentation skills that maintain defined brand personality/tone; specific writing expertise in AP style
- Spokesperson expertise: comfortable discussing sensitive/tricky subjects
- Effective ability to coach and train spokespersons and provide them with necessary tools for interviews
- Self-starter. Proven ability to deliver measurable PR results and meet agreed upon objectives with minimal supervision
- Ability to analyze and measure PR campaigns
- Strong project management and budget management skills
- True passion for seeing a start-up through the IPO process
- Write and execute strategy documents, news releases, messaging, backgrounder documents, contributed articles, Q&As, message guide, etc.
- Coordinate interviews between spokespeople and reporters, prepare messaging, prepare spokespeople and sit-in on interviews
- Seek and seize turn-on-a-dime opportunities and editorial calendars to ensure Alfresco is included in trend, roundup and feature stories
- Always be available for media calls and quickly respond to media inquiries on a wide variety of topics
- Act as the “eyes and ears” of the company to proactively track issues that might affect the company, the brand, issues or quality standards
- Coordinate and execute media events
- Serve as back-up for corp. comm., crisis and issues management
- Contribute to content of the press room
- Competitive compensation package
- Highly challenging and rewarding environment
- Ability to impact the business and shape your role
- Equal opportunity employer
Freedom to act
This role will report to the Sr. Manager of Global PR, although it is expected that the individual will work largely independently and need minimal supervision.
25% travel will be required for this role, both domestic & international