Premier Service Engineer
Alfresco Premier Services
At Alfresco, we are dedicated to customer success and delivering outstanding results, experiences and business value throughout the entire customer lifecycle. In an effort to enhance the support already provided to our most valuable enterprise customers, we offer Alfresco Premier Services.
The Alfresco Service Engineer Program provides large enterprise customers with an Alfresco Premier Service Engineer dedicated to the planning, deployment, and day-to-day maintenance of an Alfresco solution. This engineer serves as the primary point of contact for all technical issues and requests, optimizes the Alfresco solution to meet demanding user requirements and helps content managers plan for future growth. With this program, the dedicated Alfresco Premier Service Engineer works 40 hours per week for one Customer, either physically onsite (Onsite Services Engineer—OSE) or remotely (Remote Services Engineer—RSE). Additionally, the Premier Service Engineer must have good working relationships with any involved Partners to help continuously improving the Premier service and maintain a high level of customer success and satisfaction.
- Perform basic set-up and installation of Alfresco environment
- Configure web client and server servers according to alfresco best practices
- Provide assistance with user administration, role definitions, and workflow configuration
- Provide assistance with common customizations like login pages, icons, menu items, displaying metadata, etc.
- Perform an annual health check for each Customer
- Perform annual configuration and performance tuning
- Assist with Alfresco upgrade planning and activities
- Resolving and managing all support issues and escalating service needs
- Advocating product enhancement requests and strategic collaboration with Alfresco.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers and record these resolutions for general use.
- Work with other teams as required to provide best practice advice, identify potential workarounds and supply support code add-ons for Enterprise customers.
- Maintain interaction with Sales force and Professional Services to insure customer needs are met and growth opportunities are maximized.
- Internally, the Premier Service Engineer will have mentoring responsibilities in US to support future growth of technical and field staff.
- Additionally, the Premier Service Engineer must act as a Champion for the Alfresco corporate values around customer success.
- A passion for customers and a strong interest and desire to handle a variety of technical issues from the very basic through the ambiguous to highly complex and political.
- Experience and desire in managing strategically important customer accounts.
- Project management and requirements analysis experience
- Professional Services / Premier Services experience
- Self starter, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, learn quickly and be proactive
- Project development and implementation experience
- Experience with content management system(s) (Alfresco is preferred but EMC Documentum, Microsoft SharePoint, Vignette VCM, Interwoven TeamSite etc. also considered)
- Strong communications skills with the demonstrated ability to engage with both senior business and senior technical customer staff
- At least 5 years Java experience (both Java the language and Java the platform)
- Understanding of enterprise architecture, preferably in the context of high scale, clustered Java web applications
- Understanding of J2EE architecture and the components on which it is based
- (RDBMS, Spring, Hibernate, REST etc.)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Experience with software development methodologies (SDLC, agile, etc.) and supporting technologies (bug tracking, source control, change and configuration management, etc.)
- Pre-sales / sales-engineering experience a plus
- Language – English advanced and any other languages a plus
Freedom to act
This role will report to the Global Premier Services Director and be largely independently and requiring minimal supervision. It is also expected that the individual will work closely with the Alfresco Support and Sales teams.
A minimum of 15% travel will be required for this role.
Office-based in one of our 4 global sites or on site subject to a specific Customer.
Competitive package is offered