Alfresco is focused on delivering outstanding results, experiences, and business value throughout our customer’s lifecycle. We are continuously improving our technology and we want to ensure that you have the resources available to take advantage of these product enhancements. Are you 5.Ready?
Benefits of Upgrading
By keeping your software investments current with the latest release, your IT staff and end users benefit from the most up-to-date features the Alfresco One platform has to offer. Key enhancements in Alfresco One Enterprise 5.0 include:
- Responsive Search - dynamic results provide user with instant search results. Results include documents, sites and people with thumbnails and properties to make finding the right content easier. One-click enable users to quickly pre-review documents online
- Filtered Search – delivers a powerful, consumer-like search experience. Users can now easily filter search results based on document properties. The new search comes with spell check and alternative search term suggestions.
- HTML5 Preview – provides a high-fidelity in-browser preview. Complete with thumbnail, outline navigation and full text search, this new preview removes the need for Flash support.
- Content Encryption – offers an additional layer of security to encrypt content being stored on the Alfresco servers. (Content Encryption is available as an add-on module to the Alfresco One platform.)
- Site Administration – provides improved site delegation to allow authorized users to control site management.
- Alfresco Office Services – MS Office integration based on the SharePoint Protocol, editable online capabilities and improved browser compatibility.
- Solr 4 upgrade to increase search performance & indexing functionality.
Getting 5.Ready is Easy
Alfresco 5.Ready is an Alfresco Consulting offering that helps you quickly scope the time and effort needed to properly upgrade to the latest version of Alfresco One. Our trusted experts on the Consulting Team are here to help you get started and successfully complete your upgrade project.
During your Alfresco 5.Ready Assessment, our Consulting team will identify all the required tasks, understand your customizations and provide best practice guidance needed for a successful migration. Alfresco has the resources and expertise to accelerate delivery and reduce demands on your IT staff.
Deliverables of an Alfresco 5.Ready Assessment include:
- Upgrade Recommendation Document that includes results from Assessment and Alfresco’s formal recommendation for upgrade
- Project Plan that includes phased tasks, major milestones, dependencies, resources required and project-scoping estimates
- Upgrade Presentation where our Alfresco Consultants will share our assessment results, recommendations and walk through the Project Plan with your stakeholders
Take the Next Step
Software version currency is vital to any mission critical, line of business technology. Don’t wait, schedule an appointment with an Alfresco consultant to get your 5.Ready upgrade project started today!
Alfresco Version Comparisons
|Responsive Search: Dynamic results provide user with instant search results. Results include documents, sites and people with thumbnails and properties to make finding the right content easier. One-click enable users to quickly pre-review documents online|
|Filtered Search: Delivers a powerful, consumer-like search experience. Users can now easily filter search results based on document properties. The new search comes with spell check and alternative search term suggestions.|
|Alfresco Office Services: MS Office integration based on the SharePoint Protocol, editable online capabilities and improved browser compatibility.|
|HTML5 Preview: Provides a high-fidelity in-browser preview. Complete with thumbnail, outline navigation and full text search, this new preview removes the need for Flash support.|
|Share UI Refresh: New header design providing improved use of available screen space and visual appeal. Quickly navigate to recently accessed sites from the Sites drop-down. Improved document library layout to consolidate toolbars, increase screen space and improve ease-of-use|
|New Document and Media Management Views: Gallery view with tiled resizable thumbnails. Filmstrip view shows a large inline preview for the current document, and list of thumbnails for other documents in the document list. Table view shows a column-based, spreadsheet style view|
|Quick Share: User can easily get a short URL to a document preview page to share with colleagues|
|Hybrid Sync: Automatically synchronize content between on-premise Alfresco One and Alfresco in the cloud|
|Google Docs and Maps Integration: One click editing and save back actions with no requirement for a 'system' Google account|
|Activity Notifications: Push email based notifications for activities and workflow tasks|
|Social UX Enhancements: Including content rating and commenting|
|IOS & Android Applications: Free mobile document management app for iOS and Android tablets and smartphones, Alfresco Mobile enables you to view all the content stored in your Alfresco on-premise or Alfresco in the cloud accounts.|
|Platform & Administration|
|Content Encryption: Offers an additional layer of security to encrypt content being stored on the Alfresco servers. (Content Encryption is available as an add-on module to the Alfresco One platform.)|
|Solr 4: Upgrade with improved performance, scalability and indexing functionality|
|Browser-based Administration Console including tools for clustering, authentication, license management, workflow, category and tags manager, outbound/inbound email, transformations and more|
|Enhanced Site Administration: Drag and drop layout and functionality, named components, inline property editing|
|Independently Scalable Search & Indexing Services based on Apache Solr|
|Activiti Process Engine supporting BPMN2.0 process definitions|
|New Clustering Service improved reliability and performance|
|Database Backed Queries (Lucene/Solr alternative) supporting transactional queries alongside Solr|
|Rapid Application & Test Driven Development with Alfresco SDK 2.0|
|Best of breed UI Composition and Extension Framework (Aikau)|
|Simplified Share Customizations including action forms, menus, property display|
|Public REST API|
|Easier deployment of Share/SpringSurf extensions|
|Enhanced CMIS 1.1 Support|
|Pluggable Administration Console Components|
|Integrations & Add-Ons|
|Content and Usage Reporting and Analytics (Pentaho Integration)|
|Records Management 2.2|
|Alfresco Workdesk 4.2|
|Alfresco Activiti Enterprise|
|Microsoft Outlook Integration|
|AWS S3 Connector|