Alfresco and Optaros Announce Platinum-Level Partnership
Federal Supreme Court of Switzerland Goes Enterprise-Wide with Optaros Solution Powered by Alfresco
Open Source Business Conference, San Francisco, US — May 22, 2007 — Alfresco, the first and leading provider of an open source enterprise content management solution, and Optaros Inc., the assembler of Next Generation Internet (NGI) solutions, today announced a Platinum-level partnership, highlighting the joint success already achieved with enterprise-wide deployments such as at the Federal Supreme Court of Switzerland. Optaros is one of only two Platinum-level partners for Alfresco, which is a designation reserved for partners with the highest number of deployments, largest scale deployments and greatest Alfresco expertise.
“Optaros developed a proof of concept in Alfresco in only 3 weeks and is now providing support for our Alfresco implementation which is very important to us,” said Daniel Brunner, Head of IT Development, Federal Supreme Court of Switzerland. “We are very satisfied with the results Optaros has been able to deliver with Alfresco.”
“Optaros has the largest group of certified consultants fully trained on Alfresco’s latest releases with real-world expertise at some of the world’s leading organizations,” said John Powell, CEO of Alfresco. “Optaros worked closely with us to develop a high availability clustering solution for the hundreds of millions of documents deployed at the Federal Supreme Court OF Switzerland. This level of partnership with Optaros ensures client success through consultants with deep Alfresco expertise, high availability clustering and proven support services.”
Optaros solutions powered by Alfresco include the following:
- Enterprise-scale, Open Source Content Management – Numerous companies across multiple industries have successfully deployed Alfresco enterprise-wide, requiring high availability clustering, LDAP integration and proven support which Optaros implements.
- Web 2.0 – A dramatic shift is moving from traditional media to new online experiences and advertising revenue is following. Optaros assembles agile Web 2.0 solutions quickly with a flexible architecture for a “perpetual beta” approach.
- Direct Customer Engagement – Leading companies use the Internet to bring customers and partners directly into the new product development process to speed products to market and increase success. Optaros deploys Direct Customer Engagement solutions powered by Alfresco in telecom, high tech and other verticals.
- iGovernment – A major trend in government is to put the citizen at the center and build Web-based solutions around them to improve service levels and satisfaction. Optaros engages with numerous government bodies to deliver the Optaros iGovernment solution powered by Alfresco.
- Enterprise 2.0 – Companies are looking to harness the power of Web 2.0 for improved collaboration and knowledge management. Optaros develops and uses an Enterprise 2.0 assembly of 100 percent open source software, including Alfresco, for collaboration with employees, customers and partners.
Bob Gett, CEO at Optaros, said, “Alfresco has proven itself in our deployments to provide highly scalable, next generation open source content management systems. Optaros is committed to assembling the best open source software and Web services to create dynamic applications that provide companies with speed, flexibility and differentiation."
Optaros, an international consulting and systems integration firm, assembles fully supported, Next Generation Internet (NGI) solutions for superior business performance. Optaros Assembly Methodology (OptAM) assembles solutions faster and more flexibly than traditional build, buy or rent options. Optaros serves over 70 clients including ABB, Biogen, Gtech, Movielink, Serono, Swisscom, Federal Supreme Court of Switzerland, The New York Times, and many others. For more about Optaros, go to www.optaros.com.