Formtek EDM Connector for AutoCAD
The Formtek EDM Connector for AutoCAD® allows users to interact with the Alfresco content repository directly from AutoCAD. The Formtek EDM Connector for AutoCAD works in conjunction with the Formtek EDM Module for Alfresco to provide a low-cost, pre-packaged, installation-ready, minimal services solution for the secure management of engineering documents, drawings, and AutoCAD files within Alfresco. The resulting solution allows an organization to effectively manage and collaborate on all engineering information throughout its distributed enterprise.
At the core of the Formtek EDM solution is the Alfresco Open Content repository that provides full range of content management and collaboration functionality. The Formtek EDM Connector for AutoCAD provides access to the Alfresco repository functionality – including browse, open, check-in, check-out, and view/edit metadata functionality – directly from within the AutoCAD application, utilizing the pre-defined engineering content model provided by the Formtek EDM Module for Alfresco.
The Formtek EDM Connector for AutoCAD also maintains the integrity of referenced drawings (XREFS), as well as other types of referenced files (DGN, PDF, raster, etc.), by automatically associating them to the current drawing within the Alfresco repository. When a drawing is checked-in or checked-out from AutoCAD, the EDM Connector presents the user with a list of all associated files, which the users can then select for check-in or check-out in association with the current drawing.
- Interact with the Alfresco repository directly from AutoCAD
- Browse the repository, open files, check-in, check-out, view or edit metadata from within the AutoCAD application
- Maintains the referencing of external DWG files (XREFS) by automatically associating them to the current drawing within the Alfresco repository
- Similarly maintains the integrity of other types of AutoCAD references (DGN, PDF, raster files, etc.) within the repository
- Provides version and revision control between Alfresco and AutoCAD
- Can be custom configured and/or expanded to meet specific requirements
- Connector uses the CMIS protocol to interact with the repository
- Enhances the capabilities of the Formtek EDM Module for Alfresco
- Accesses the pre-defined engineering content model provided by the Formtek EDM Module
Victor Malespina (sales) +1 904 829 9251
Ed Kay (services) +1 404 408 8151