Solutions Engineer, Chicago
A Solutions Engineer (SE) at Alfresco participates in the full range of pre-sales activities from lead qualification to vendor selection by prospective customers. While the core of this is typically presenting and demonstrating products, SEs are also responsible for working with various sales reps to ensure that:
- project stakeholders buy into Alfresco
- all business drivers are clearly understood and satisfied (e.g. by demos)
- technical approvers indicate / recommend Alfresco
- any competition has been boxed out
In this capacity reporting to the Director of Solutions Engineering, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting sales engagements through online product demonstrations, presentations, proofs of concept, and integration with partner products
- Answering customer inquiries concerning system software and applications, and providing software development and consultation to prospective users
- Achieving regional and team bookings targets as defined by the VP of Sales, Americas. Traveling within the Americas and / or to the corporate office in the UK will be expected on occasion. Passport is required.
Skills & Experience
- Experience as part of an enterprise software team.
- Knowledge of how to drive and shape a typical sales cycle
- Good communication and presentation skills, both in person and over the phone.
- Experience building relationships with technical contacts.
- Linux and Windows administration (installing products, diagnosing issues, configuring product and service startups, ports, security, etc.)
- Managing Java applications (finding log files, digging out errors, configuring database connections, etc.)
- Database experience with common platforms (installation, simple debugging, creating users, etc.)
- Application development concepts and exposure (building/deploying EAR/WAR files, source code management, etc.)
- HTML / CSS authoring, modification, tweaking.
Ideal Candidate will also have:
- Exposure / experience with cloud computing concepts and technologies such as Amazon EC2, Rackspace, etc.
- Experience with mobile apps (deployment, configuration, security issues, etc)
- Java application development experience
- Web application development experience (HTML5, DOM, jQuery, YUI, etc.)
Qualification & Experience
- BA/BS College Degree in engineering, computer science or technology
- Proactive and self starting
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and adaptable to new challenges
- Have the ability to exercise independent judgment
- Team player
- Strong team player – fits in easily with wide range of personalities
- "Can-Do" approach to a wide and rapidly changing workload
- Excellent listener – encourages information from people
- Enjoy working in an informal environment with a "start-up" culture
- Willingness to work from time to time over extended hours in order to achieve goals set by immediate manager or demanded by key customers.
Freedom to act
This role will report to the Director of Solutions Engineering, although it is expected that the individual will work largely independently and need minimal supervision.
Some travel may be required for this role