Alfresco is the open platform for business critical document management and collaboration. By automating document-intensive business processes and enabling large-scale collaboration, Alfresco helps companies to service customers better ,and adapt more quickly to rapid market changes. Every day, over 7 million business users in 75 countries rely on Alfresco to manage 4 billion documents, files and processes - behind the firewall, in the cloud and even on their mobile devices.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Profile of Success:
- Product and Technical Knowledge - Consistently demonstrates, articulates, and applies an accurate and thorough technical understanding of ALFRESCO’s products/solutions and customer environments while providing expertise and thought leadership to produce successful installations, product results, and project references.
- Confidently presents the value, capabilities and differentiators of ALFRESCO solutions using ECM industry best practices and ALFRESCO methodologies.
- Participates in the pre-sales process by providing technical expertise with estimates, conducting document reviews, and giving concurrence that deliverables and estimates are accurate and obtainable within defined times.
- Effectively addresses and handles questions of a technical and use case nature.
- Credibly explains product capabilities and integration requirements unique to the customer’s environment.
- Confidently explains how current technologies integrate in the ECM vision to support customer preparations for additional, value generating ECM initiatives.
- Articulates relevant metrics and proof points from other customer engagements to instill customer confidence.
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of technical information (i.e. white papers, methods/techniques, how-to articles, blogs, etc.).
- Maintains proficiency in assigned technologies while striving to build deeper skills in multiple product areas.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems.
- Resourceful in seeking help when challenged in an area the Consultant doesn’t understand.
- Customer Interaction - Effectively builds and leverages customer relationships throughout the customer engagement and post-sales process
- Credibly participates in the SOW process handling customer’s technical objections and explaining ALFRESCO solutions in prep meetings, requirements workshops, and discovery sessions.
- Engages in effective requirements discovery through superior questioning, acute listening and comprehensive documentation.
- Credibly leads requirement workshops through concise communications, clear questioning, acknowledgement of customer needs / requirements, and fully documenting discussions.
- Works with customers to balance specific customer requirements while ensuring a viable technical configuration of ALFRESCO.
- Shares solution knowledge to ensure customers are prepared to operate and support the solution upon project completion.
- Confidently communicates and documents appropriate knowledge share/transfer to customers for related products.
- Demonstrates solution understanding and success criteria by utilizing ECM delivery methodologies, technical documents, and successful experiences with prior product installations.
- Recognized by customer as a trusted technical advisor in product deployment, process, and technology decisions. Builds and maintains strong relationships with multiple Technical Champions throughout the delivery process securing key references at all levels.
- Communicates effectively verbally and in writing to connect and build credibility at every level within a customer’s organization.
- Handles pressure and difficult situations with poise and focus on providing solutions to problems and delivering on commitments professionally.
- Operational Excellence - Consistently delivers outcomes based on the negotiated contracts and customer objectives.
- Documents technical challenges and works cross-functionally with appropriate groups to resolve them.
- Successfully installs and configures software and produces high quality deliverables with minimal complications and rework.
- Leads by example when working with co-workers and customers
- Transparent on steps and progress throughout the entire engagement process.
- Behaves as a customer advocate to aggressively pursue remediation to problems as they occur
- Delivers on commitments by producing deliverables, status reports, and customer responses on time and at or above expectations.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date reporting, documentation, and system information (OpenAir, Status Updates, Expenses, sharepoint updates).
- Manages time effectively to produce high billable utilization and minimize company expenses.
- Continuously identifies leads and communicates to the Sales team around opportunities for future engagements
- Maintains high standards of excellence at all times both on and off a customer’s premise.
- Leadership / Motivation - Works effectively as a team member and contributes in technical discussions in both presales and implementation activities as defined and agreed to in service contracts
- Takes accountability for customer benefit realization and driving the intended project outcomes.
- Continually executes self-development as it relates to product knowledge, the ECM market, appropriate delivery methods, and skills required for successful implementation.
- Shares best practices on tools and processes throughout the project lifecycle while assisting with creating and protecting ALFRESCO IP.
- Aggressively pursues the opportunity to be highly utilized by constantly increasing skills and being highly visible when available (OpenAir time entry, Resource Availability discussions, and Sales interaction) as measured by quarterly utilization targets. Takes accountability for personal utilization targets.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency in executing assigned projects and working to minimize delivery risks.
- Operates with superior professionalism and composure within internal and customer personnel.
- Exhibits tremendous passion for the job. Puts ALFRESCO customers first.
- Matches customer requirements with available solutions to builds lasting relationships and achieve status as trusted technical advisor.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 5-7 years in technology professional services or consulting roles, preferably within a software company or Systems Integrator
- 2+ Years of Enterprise content management experience highly desirable, especially at companies such as Documentum, OpenText, or FileNet
- Experience delivering complex software systems as a member of a geographically distributed and diversely skilled team
- Proven knowledge of software development and application release cycles
- Experience in SaaS or Cloud-based software strongly desired
- Demonstrable knowledge in Software development lifecyle approaches, such as Waterfall, Agile, and others.
- Desire to achieve Alfresco Certified Engineer, Administrator, and Consultant certifications
- Extensive travel may be required. The successful candidate will have willingness to travel up to 90% for client engagements
- Competitive compensation package
- Highly challenging and rewarding environment
- Ability to impact the business
- As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Freedom to act
This role will report to the Director / VP of Consulting Services, although it is expectedthat the individual will work largely independently and need minimal supervision.