Tech Talk Live Reloaded: Share Customizations
TTL starts back Wednesday 6th July and continues on the first Wednesday of every month.
The first episode in this series is all about the Share add-ons Alfresco's Partner Enablement team developed for the official partner site.
This session provides an overview of the customisations they have developed for this real-world example, which have been recently added to the Share Extras project. The add-ons include:
- Flash-based video previews and in-browser playback;
- A Site Poll Dashlet, which allows site administrators to define a number of polls in which users can vote;
- Custom policies for managing content expiration and UI components to report on this;
- A Password Reset utility for the Share login page;
- An Administration Console add-on for bulk-creating users;
- Activity tracking using Google Analytics.
Will Abson, will present a brief overview of the add-ons, after which there will be an interactive technical discussion around the topics brought up, such as:
- General development methodologies;
- Best practices in customising Share and Alfresco;
- Skills required and level of effort involved;
- Useful resources.
With Jeff Potts, Chief Community Officer and Will Abson, Solutions Engineer at Alfresco.