Partner Solution (XeniT): Fred 1.3 - Easy Alfresco for End Users
Fred is a desktop window boosting Alfresco for your end-users. For most common operations, we cut the time by 50% or more. It looks like Explorer and acts like Alfresco. You can drag & drop anything, including documents, emails and attachments in and out of Fred. Metadata can be added in no time. While searching for folders or documents, Fred supports sophisticated grouping and filtering.
This webinar will include a live demo of Fred 1.3 with a focus on the new features and an overview on what is coming up in the next release; you will be able to see how natural the integration of Alfresco into the working environment of the end user can be.
You will see how:
- to manage files and folders as in explorer: drag & drop, delete, restore, preview, jump to the browser view…
- to edit the metadata of one or many documents at once. Changing them from Alfresco changes them in Fred.
- to archive your emails and to sent a document as attachment (or link), directly from Fred.
- to use the very powerful search capabilities, on name, format, creator…, or even looking up a Alfresco URL.
- to paste a document as shortcut in another folder.
- to create documents in Alfresco from a list of corporate templates.
- to lock, edit and save in two clicks , with synchronization of working copies.
- to create and save easily multiple views.
- to view the permission settings on a folder.
- an administrator can browse as a user and view the document model.
- and many other interesting features supporting the daily interaction of the average and advanced user with the ECM environment