According to Gartner, enterprise content management (ECM) can be viewed from two perspectives:
- As a strategic approach, ECM can help enterprises take control of their content and, in so doing, boost effectiveness, encourage collaboration and make information easier to share.
- As a software toolset, ECM consists of a set of capabilities and/or applications for content life cycle management that interoperate, but that can also be sold and used separately.*
Gartner Magic Quadrant ECM leaders deliver solid business benefits to IT leaders as the market shows continued growth.*
At Alfresco, we believe we are positioned as Visionary because our approach to enterprise content management systems (ECM) is based on:
- an open platform for business critical document management and collaboration with support for workflow, case management and strong security – all the hallmarks of true ECM
- a Hybrid ECM model that enables collaboration across the extended enterprise without a loss of content control
- a mobile experience that meets the needs of both end users and IT
- integrated support for retention and records management, to ensure compliance throughout the content lifecycle
Fill out the form on this page to get the report now!
*Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Content Management, Mark R. Gilbert | Karen M. Shegda | Kenneth Chin | Gavin Tay | Hanns Koehler-Kruener, 23 September 2013
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.