According to Gartner, "enterprise content management" (ECM) describes both a strategic framework and a technical architecture that supports all types of content (and format) throughout the content lifecycle.
- As a strategic framework, ECM can help enterprises take control of their content, and thereby boost productivity, encourage collaboration, help meet compliance initaitives, enable better content-centric processes and make information easier to share.
- As a technical architecture, ECM consists of a platform or a set of capabilities that interoperate but that can be sold and used separately.*
At Alfresco, we believe we are positioned as a Visionary in the Magic Quadrant for ECM because our approach is based on:
- an open platform for business-critical document management and collaboration with support for process, collaboration and strong security – all the hallmarks of true ECM
- a Hybrid ECM model that enables collaboration across the extended enterprise without a loss of content control
- a mobile experience that meets the needs of both end users and IT
- integrated support for retention and records management, to ensure compliance throughout the content lifecycle
Fill out the form on this page to get the report now!
*Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Content Management, Mark R. Gilbert | Karen M. Shegda | Kenneth Chin | Gavin Tay | Hanns Koehler-Kruener, 25 September 2014
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.