Solutions Engineer, DACH
Alfresco's Solution Engineer will be the prime interlocutor in dealing with product & solution inquiries coming from prospects and / or partners. Primary focus being on Social Content Management with secondary on the remaining Alfresco suite of products i.e. Document and Records Management and Web Content Management.
The successful candidate will need to be able to communicate at multiple levels: technical architects, developers, IT system administrators and end-users.
- Product demonstrations (either through on-site demos, remote / controlled demos using Internet-based tools or hosted trials, participation to trade shows etc).
- Handling of product inquiries originated from prospects and/or partners.
- Management & coordination of related follow-up activities.
- Adaptation/Customisation of pre-sales presentations & materials to the local markets targeted Liaison with the core Alfresco product development team with regards to product roadmap, functionalities, technical questions etc.
- Work closely with the Sales and Business Development team.
- Must be technically skilled with a customer-centric mind & exceptional communication skills.
- Must be DACH (ideally Germany) based and with ability to travel to client sites across DACH region as and when required.
- Ability to work independently, learn quickly, be proactive and to go a "step further" than regular job responsibilities when required.
- Passion for working in an international, leading-edge environment with associated challenging objectives & fast-evolving company organisation and market.
- Typically requires 3+ years minimum experience in a consulting, project leadership or solutions engineering position.
- Experience in the Content Management market (concepts, products) will be highly valuable and represents a significant advantage.
- Experience with the Open Source market & trends is desired.
- Mother tongue/fluency in spoken and written German, and very good command of spoken and written English.
- Positive attitude towards both being mentored and providing mentoring to others.
- Java, Spring Java Script & XML technologies – with ability to develop code (e.g. for a customised demo using the Alfresco's APIs).
- Knowledge of Operating System (Windows & Linux), RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server), Application Servers (Jboss, Tomcat) - i.e. all major layers of the technical stack required by Alfresco products – and ability to configure / troubleshoot quickly installs or configurations issues.
- A thorough understanding of Web Technologies (such as Internet protocols, RESTful interfaces,etc).
- Current experience of working for an Content Management vendor.
- Experience with Spring Aspect-Oriented Framework and the Lucene Text Search Engine.
- Knowledge of JSR170, JSR-168 Portlet Specification, JSR-127 Java Server Faces.
- Fluent in the following languages: German and English.
- Proactive and self starting.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and adaptable to new challenges.
- Have the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Strong team player – fits in easily with wide range of personalities.
- "Can-Do" approach to a wide and rapidly changing workload.
- Excellent listener – encourages information from people.
- Ability to commit and execute.
- Enjoy working in an informal environment with a "start-up" culture.
- Willingness to work from time to time over extended hours in order to achieve goals set by immediate manager or demanded by key customers.
Freedom to Act
This role will report to the Regional Vice President, DACH although it is expected the successful candidate will work largely independently and need minimal supervision.
Travel will be required for this role for up to 50% of the time.
This role is home based in the DACH region, preferred locations – München, Frankfurt/Main, NRW.
To apply please send your written application in English to email@example.com