Vice President, PR & Communications
Alfresco is the open platform for business-critical content management and collaboration. Alfresco enables document-intensive business processes and secure collaboration, helping companies to service customers better and adapt quickly to market changes. Every day, over 7 million business users in 180 countries rely on Alfresco to manage 4 billlion documents, files and processes - behind the firewall, in the cloud and even on their mobile devices.
The Vice President of Public Relations will report to the Chief Marketing Officer. They will lead the development and execution of integrated public relations strategies, plans and programs designed to enhance and protect the image and reputation of the company and drive business results. This individual will drive internal and external; communication, strong media engagement, with the goals of expanding share of voice and optimizing quality of coverage. He or she will provide strategic counsel to senior executives and maintain close and effective working relations with colleagues in key functions.
You will be responsible for:
- Play lead role in developing public relations strategies, plans and programs to support business objectives
- Serve as principal media counselor to senior executives
- Work directly with marketing, sales, thought leadership and other executives to create and execute media strategies that drive messages in a coordinated, impactful manner
- Work closely with internal communications to ensure external messages are leveraged internally to help strengthen employee engagement
- Lead the development of a wide range of communications materials, including press releases, media statements, Q&A, talking points, etc.
- Engage media in a strategically appropriate fashion, with a preference for assertive, ongoing engagement
- Leverage technology to generate media coverage, and lead the company to transition to these technologies, including social media.
- Work closely with senior executives to integrate messaging, themes and positioning across the company
- Hire, lead and motivate team, including the growth and development of team members
- Help measure and analyze public relations results and work to continuously improve those results
Experience & Qualifications
- Seasoned communications strategist with the ability to translate strategy into tactics and oversee their successful execution through effective leadership of their team
- A record of success in both small and large companies
- Experience advising executives on communications issues; has worked closely with those executives to develop and execute media strategies and campaigns
- Experience working with mainstream, trade and social media, including experience as a spokesperson
- Experience dealing with challenging issues in the media
- Demonstrated record of innovative approaches that result in robust media coverage, including experience in developing media plans, programs and campaigns
- Media coaching experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; minimum of 15 years related experience
- Competitive compensation package
- Highly challenging and rewarding environment
- Ability to impact the business
- As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Freedom to act
This role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer, although it is expected that the individual will work largely independently and need minimal supervision.
25% travel will be required for this role, both domestic & international
San Mateo, CA