eLearning and Content Development Project Manager
The eLearning Project Manager is a high impact project management position within Alfresco’s learning organization. The candidate will provide support for learning initiatives by bringing key skills in content development, learning management, and experience creating and leading multiple phases of project lifecycles.
- Develops programs for 3 primary audiences: employees, partners and customers.
- Works closely with subject matter experts i.e. development team, products team, product marketing, sales operations etc. to leverage core content and build effective learning programs.
- Develops learning programs that include multiple modalities: self-paced e-learning, virtual and face to face workshops and on the job learning activities.
- Creates complimentary instructor lead training including exercises, role plays, simulations, and job aids as needed.
- Ability to program manage multiple complex learning projects simultaneously. Monitors activity, progress, and time related to project development using a project planning tool.
- Works with a global task force from the respective audience to solicit feedback and ensure programs are relevant and on target. Arranges for pilot group testing of all new or updated courses.
- Create and maintains dashboards, presentation decks and course materials for curriculums by job role.
- Designs and develops dynamic instructional interactions and simulations to create interactive, engaging course content, simulations for software, tools etc.
- Develops an effective document management process for: organizing and retraining e-learning project related source files; scheduling periodic courses reviews for any updates needed; scheduling the expiration of training courses, if appropriate; tracking documentation and version control of all revisions and updates, etc
- Ensures learning and performance objectives are appropriate to the audience and that the training materials meet the learning and performance objectives.
- Experience creating, editing, synchronizing and/or recording both audio and video for elearning courses.
- Monitors and reports effectiveness of all training conducted and revise courses as needed.
- Performs quality assurance checks on training courses that have been developed.
- Support and maintain the global knowledge base and repository for best practice documents, key tools and templates.
- Translates needs analysis and functional specifications into detailed course designs.
- Use eLearning tools such as Articulate, Camtasia, Brainshark, Cornerstone, WebEx to create interactive, SCORM compliant web based training deliverables
- Builds e-learning that is SCORM compliant and can be tracked by the LMS. Works with LMS vendor, IT or software vendor to resolve any technical issues with the web based training course or its performance within the LMS.
- Works with subject matter experts to design and develop audience-appropriate, clear, and concise training content.
- Assist with quarterly operational reviews, preparation and analysis.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (in a technical area: computer science, engineering, education, instructional design, information systems, technology)
- 8+ years related experience
- PMP certification preferred
- Experience administering, creating and hosting e-learning programs and knowledge of content development and testing/survey tools such as Articulate, Brainshark, Camtasia and Cornerstone
- Ability to apply structured problem solving (taking a large, complex problem and breaking it down into components, involve others as needed, drive resolution)
- Ability to set vision and drive tactical execution; willing to roll-up the sleeves to complete projects in an environment with competing deadlines
- Enjoys working in a fast paced changing environment; ability to be flexible and resilient
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize effectively
- High aptitude for managing and solving tactical issues
- Impact, influence and success stakeholder engagement experience across multiple sites and levels of leadership from new manager to senior leaders
- Knowledge of instructional design and adult learning principles and best practices
- Knowledge of course development processes
- Knowledge of mobile learning best practices
- Poise, maturity and interpersonal skills to deal professionally and effectively with senior management
- Polished communication skills, active listener, and ability to synthesize high level information
- Strong analytical skills, ability to create viable solutions, innovation, and ability to execute flawlessly
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; advanced PowerPoint user (visuals, graphics), Advanced Excel, familiar with macros
- 3-5 years of experience in programming, systems architecture or systems administration.
- Recent experience architecting, deploying, and operating Internet scale applications. Recent coding experience.
- Thorough understanding of:
- Model-View-Controller patterns
- Web application architecture
- RESTful architecture & design
- Current and emerging web standards (eg. HTML5, WebSockets, etc.).
- Programming Languages & Frameworks:
- Java & J2EE
- Spring Framework
- System Administration Experience:
- J2EE Servers:
- Active Directory
- Network & File Sharing Protocols
- Security Best Practices
- Practical experience in consulting and administering large-scale enterprise system
- Passion for the business – driven and committed
- Great Team player
- High integrity
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with different personalities and temperaments
- Flexible and adaptable to a rapidly changing environment
- Able to work autonomously and proactively
- Proven influencer and negotiator
- Creative and excellent problem solver
- Self starter and self-motivator
- Ability to multi-task
- "Can-Do" approach to a wide and rapidly changing workload
- Willingness and ability to accommodate different time zones
- Willingness to work from time to time over extended hours in order to achieve goals set by immediate manager
- Competitive compensation package
- Highly challenging and rewarding environment
- Ability to impact the business and change processes
- As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Freedom to act
This role will report to the Chief Learning Officer. It is expected that this individual will work largely independently and need minimal supervision.
Travel 25-35% annually