Principal Application Developer
Alfresco is the open platform for business-critical content management and collaboration. Alfresco enables document-intensive business processes and secure collaboration, helping companies to service customers better and adapt quickly to market changes. Every day, over 7 million business users in 180 countries rely on Alfresco to manage 4 billlion documents, files and processes - behind the firewall, in the cloud and even on their mobile devices.
Lead and participate in the design, development and deployment of software applications to support Alfresco's Business. This includes designing and building software applications from the ground up. Working under minimal direction and exercising considerable latitude, provides technical expertise in developing our software products.
You should have knowledge in all or some of the following :
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Experience architecting complex frontends that involve numerous of the following; MVT, 3rd party scripts, L16N, white labelling, configuration management
- Experience iteratively building scalable, secure, and maintainable codebases from scratch.
- Experience delivering complex frontends that don't compromise performance.
- Ability to manage technical debt and legacy code on a fast moving project.
- Good understanding of UX and design principles and best practices
- Ability to work from high and low fidelity prototypes
- Good knowledge of image compression techniques, and ability to devise an asset delivery strategy that supports multiple platforms
- Modern HTML and CSS including mobile development and responsive layouts
- Experience with TDD and setting up test solutions for existing applications
- Competitive compensation package
- Highly challenging and rewarding environment
- Ability to impact the business
- As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Freedom to act
This role will report to the Director Product Management, although it is expected that the individual will work largely independently and need minimal supervision.
London or Maidenhead