docspread helps to make your content available on mobile devices in a simple, structured and secure way even if offline. docspread uses proprietary interfaces as well as the open CMIS standard to connect to ECM repositories. docspread can be run in different constellations, such as private, public or hybrid cloud environments. A well thought out security concept ensures that all documents are individually encrypted and only temporarily decoded for viewing, so that access security cannot be breached through tablet loss or theft. On demand similar apps can either be created by fme or by the customer for other specific functions by using the docspread store programming interface.
Documents and their metadata can be transferred from different document repositories, be it a simple file share or a sophisticated ECM system, such as Alfresco. With fme’s docspread sync documents are automatically transferred encrypted into the so called “docspread store” used as an exchange area for documents and located inside a protected area of the organization. Once connected to the docspread store, documents can then be transferred onto the mobile device. They remain encrypted until actually viewed in the app and thus protected from unauthorized use.
The docspread product suite is ideal:
- when users need to browse through digital documents quickly and intuitively no matter what bandwidth is available
- when documents, as integral part of an operational process, need to be always up-to-date on the mobile device of the user
- when users should have the ability to provide easy feedback about documents from their mobile device (»redlining«)
- when document security must remain inviolate even after the loss of a mobile device
- when documents are to be quickly and easily integrated into mobile processes independent of source repository
- when companies want to keep their staff happy.
- Browsing through digital documents quickly and intuitively no matter what bandwidth is available
- Keeps documents, as integral part of an operational process, always up-to-date on the mobile device of the user
- Easy and structured retrieval of the needed information even from a large data volume or multiple sources
- Sensitive information is transferred to mobile devices and stored securely and protected against unauthorized access
- Handles various use cases through the secure distribution of relevant documents to everybody involved in a particular business process