Technical Support Engineer
Alfresco is the open platform for business critical document management and collaboration. By automating document-intensive business processes and enabling large-scale collaboration, Alfresco helps companies to service customers better and adapt more quickly to rapid market changes. Every day, over 7 million business users in 75 countries rely on Alfresco to manage 4 billion documents, files and processes - behind the firewall, in the cloud and even on their mobile devices.
Based at our Maidenhead, UK Support Centre Alfresco Support Engineers need to be versatile and since Alfresco is Open Source, our Support Engineers also need to be code literate, able to contribute to the code, provide a high level of expertise and an exceptional quality of service to our partners, external and internal customers.
- Requires the ability to take full ownership and control of an issue without supervision, to develop and maintain excellent relationships with all our customers and partners, and to help in continuously improving the support service to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Interact directly with our partners and customers to resolve technical issues in a timely manner and adhering to stipulated SLAs
- Help direct partners and customers to the information they need or connect them to the relevant people that can help them
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers and record these resolutions for general use
- Work with other teams as required to identify and report defects, find incident fixes and validate enhancement requests
- Designate which defects/problems are the most important to be fixed and document related information in the Defect Tracking and Customer Support CRM.
- Notify the management team of any potential escalations
- Escalate where appropriate
- Maintain interaction with Sales force and Professional Services to ensure customer needs are met and growth opportunities are maximized.
- A passion for customers and a strong interest and desire to handle a variety of technical issues from the very basic through the ambiguous to complex
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, learn quickly and be proactive
- Proven problem-solving ability in both business and technical environments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French
- Experience of installing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting any issue on either Windows Server, Linux or UNIX operating systems, with a good basic understanding of the others.
- Ability to trace and debug Web applications
- Perform analysis and tune operating system and web technology performance
- IP Network network protocol layers (routing, Firewalls), security layers and web standards (HTTP, HTML, PHP/MySQL)
- Proven experience of supporting Cloud services and/or a SAAS application
- Understanding of Enterprise Content Management
- Experience with Hibernate, Spring Aspect-Oriented Framework and, SOLR or Lucene Text Search Engine.
- Web Servers (Apache Tomcat)
- Knowledge of JSR170, JSR-168 Portlet Specification, JSR-127 Java Server Faces
- Understanding of XML, Web services, FreeMarker, PHP, CIFS, FTP, WebDAV
- Knowledge of iOS and/or Android mobile application support/development
- Fluency in a third language European language (German, French, Portuguese)
- Experience working in Salesforce
Freedom to act
This role will report to the Director, WW Customer Services, although it is expected that the individual will work largely independently and need minimal supervision.
Some travel may be required for this role