Alfresco for cloud document management
Alfresco in the cloud is a fully managed SaaS offering that helps your organization keep control of its content while providing your users with powerful ways to access their content securely on any device, anywhere.
In a world of increasing collaboration between companies, proliferating mobile devices, Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies and the increasing need for agility, cloud is fast becoming the best way to deliver solutions to your users that can meet their needs today and tomorrow.
The case for cloud
Today’s tough economic environment forces IT departments to do more with less and keep up with the ever increasing and changing demands of their users. Alfresco in the cloud gives you enterprise-level security to help you keep control over your content while helping you solve these problems:
- The need to collaborate with external users.
Organizations are increasingly working together to solve increasingly complex problems. Your users need to share content and collaborate with users both inside and outside the firewall. On-premise solutions drive users to unsanctioned file sharing tools (the ‘Dropbox Problem’) and create content chaos as your content leaks outside the firewall out of your control.
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD).
Many organizations are opening up their content to mobile devices that need to access and share content both inside and outside the firewall. VPN doesn’t always work and adds complexity to users that just want simple access to their content. As users bring a wide range of devices into the organization the burden on your solutions increases as you need to keep up with all the new devices.
- Doing more with less.
Many IT departments are being pressured to do more with smaller budgets. Hosting on-premise solutions is expensive once servers, maintenance, upgrades are redundancy are factored in. On top of that, the pace of users’ demands is accelerating, meaning IT departments need to free up resources to deliver new solutions for their users quickly without being burdened with hosting legacy systems.
Our solution: Alfresco in the cloud
Alfresco in the cloud provides a secure collaboration network for your organization that allows you to share and manage content securely in the cloud, in any location, on any device. It also allows your users to work securely with third-party organizations, with an easy invite and security model that allows your organization to control access and maintain compliance as appropriate.
Use Alfresco in the cloud to:
- Provide a secure extranet for your organization, where your users can collaborate and share content securely with your partners, customers and clients.
- Provide secure mobile access to your content without the burden of VPNs and having to open up internal systems to the Internet. Perfect for sales teams that need quick and easy access to the latest sales collateral from marketing on their iPad, or your executives who require secure access to their documents on the road.
- Provide secure synchronization of content across all your users’ devices while maintaining enterprise control and scalability. Solve your Dropbox problem!
- Provide a secure repository that can be connected to other cloud services like Salesforce, to keep your content stored in one place. Using our hybrid ECM solution you can even inject content from these cloud services into your business processes.
- No need to maintain complex infrastructure and processes to work securely with third parties outside your organization.
- Allow your users to adopt the latest consumer tools with BYOD and synchronization across all their devices, at scale and cost effectively, while respecting your organization’s security and compliance needs.
- Provide a secure central repository for your organization’s cloud services so you can keep control of your content in the cloud across a range of services cost effectively.
- Provision Alfresco in hours to 100s or 1000s of users across your organization, and reduce your need to manage and maintain rigid on-premise infrastructure, freeing you and your team up to focus on new projects and innovations for your organization.
- Seamlessly connect your on-premise systems and processes with cloud using our hybrid ECM solution.