Alfresco in the cloud
Cloud Based Enterprise Content Management
The cloud is fast becoming the best way to deliver solutions to meet today's need for an increase in collaboration between companies, to support the proliferating of mobile devices and help drive new 'bring you own device' (BYOD) policies.
Enterprise Control of Documents
Alfresco in the cloud is a fully managed Software as a Service (SaaS) enterprise content management solution that allows users to securely access their corporate documents and files on any device, from any location.
- Complete preview and version control with the ability to roll back to a previous version.
- Start tasks and workflows to manage the document review and approval process.
- Document level permissions to organise and control who can access the documents.
Support Outside the Organization
Alfresco in the cloud provides a secure extranet to enable you to collaborate with a range of business partners to keep projects on track and get work done.
- Securely share documents and files with people outside your organization.
- Simple email invite for your partners, customers, prospects, external consultants and agencies.
- Content always remains fully under IT control.
Access Content While Out of the Office
Content locked behind the firewall is not always easy to access while working outside the office. VPN issues and complexity can frustrate end users that just need to access their documents and files. Alfresco in the cloud can be used as a simple but secure solution to allow mobile access.
- Secure mobile access without the burden of VPN's.
- Upload changes and new versions using standard mobile apps.
- Free tablet and smartphone apps for iOS and Android.
Delivering Hybrid ECM
Firewall locked, on-premise solutions drive the use of unsanctioned 'file sharing and sync' tools (the 'Dropbox Problem') leading to content chaos. Alfresco in the cloud provides a way to sync content from on-premise to the cloud in a controlled way.
- On-Premise for control and long-term storage and compliance.
- Cloud for external collaboration and file sharing.
- Content always kept in sync regardless of where content is changed.
Cloud Application Integration
Capture Cloud Based Documents
Alfresco in the cloud provides a secure content repository that can be connected to other cloud services (for example Salesforce).
- Capture and store all cloud based content in one location through standard connectors.
- Open API's for connecting to any cloud based application.
- Synchronise content back on-premise for long term storage and compliance.
Data Privacy and Compliance
Certified for SafeHarbor, Alfresco in the cloud uses Amazon's Web Services for data storage to ensure compliance with the EU personal data protection directives. Security is enforced with external users only having access to documents that you have shared with them.
- Independent validation to the SOC2 and ISEA 3000 Type II standards.
- SSL encryption (256 bit) prevents interception of data while in transit.
- Content encrypted at rest to protect from unauthorized access on the server.
SaaS Delivered ECM
Alfresco in the cloud is a fully managed SaaS offering that helps your organisation keep control of its content while providing your users with powerful ways to access their content securely on any device, anywhere.
- Provision in hours rather than months.
- No need to host and support expensive servers and applications on-premise.
- Free IT staff to focus on more valuable activities.