Alfresco One for Enterprise Sync
The New Enterprise Requires a New Approach
Enterprise content management (ECM) platforms, like Alfresco, have been proven to deliver efficiency, cost savings, collaboration & control by helping organizations manage millions of documents, complex processes and thousands of users. This worked well when most work was completed in the office, on desktop PCs. Today, new mobile devices, remote working styles and a growing network of external contractors, agencies and suppliers is creating a new, extended enterprise. And yet, there is no ECM platform - and no cloud-only contender - that can really address the content, collaboration and process automation that this extended enterprise requires. Until now.
The Power of ECM + The Agility of The Cloud
Alfresco One is a new solution from Alfresco, a global leader in ECM & collaboration, that combines the power of a true ECM platform with the agility and new use cases of the cloud. With Alfresco One, traditional ECM use cases like document management, collaboration & process automation can be synced to the cloud, extending the benefits of efficiency, cost savings, productivity and control out to the extended enterprise. Enterprises no longer have to worry about the risk of uncontrolled consumer file sharing, and users get all of the benefits of mobile access, desktop sync and cloud integrations.
What makes this possible? Alfresco's Unique Enterprise Sync
On one hand, Alfresco One is simply a bundled subscription of Alfresco's ECM platform (used by over 2,500 enterprises) combined with Alfresco in the cloud (used by over 30,000 organizations globally). But if you take a deeper look, Alfresco One is truly unique in the market. It is a hybrid ECM solution that spans from the enterprise to the cloud using Alfresco's industry-first Enterprise Sync technology. There is no other ECM platform or cloud solution in the world that can sync content & metadata so seamlessly.
What does Alfresco One include?
Alfresco One gives an enterprise everything it needs to control the entire lifecycle of corporate content, no matter where it is or what device it is being used on. It is more open, more mobile & more flexible than Sharepoint, a fraction of the cost of legacy ECM platforms, and much more appropriate for enterprise workloads than any cloud-only upstarts. Alfresco One includes:
- Alfresco on premise — A scalable, robust & feature-rich full ECM platform to manage the 80% of content that will never leave the organization. From simple document management to rigorous records management, Alfresco integrates with your existing enterprise systems (like Salesforce.com, SAP or Peoplesoft) and is the one source of truth for corporate content.
- Alfresco in the cloud — A secure, corporate-controlled ECM cloud service. Invite people from outside the organization to collaborate with your employees in the cloud, without having to involve IT every time — but only grant them access to the content that you want them to see. Alfresco is a true SaaS service, that can be up-and-running for your team in minutes. With new use cases like desktop enterprise file sync and mobile access, your users are happy while IT stays in control.
- Alfresco Enterprise Sync — Allows employees to select documents and folders from Alfresco to sync to the cloud. Did you update the document in the office or in the cloud? Doesn’t matter. Alfresco keeps everything synchronized. Alfresco is the only ECM platform in the world with a seamless cloud sync.
- Alfresco Mobile — Workers today are mobile and need to be able to work anywhere. Native mobile apps provide secure access to content with any device, anywhere. Users can now choose to work through a web browser, via their tablet or on their smart phone — and IT stays in control of the content.
- Encryption and Security — Content is encrypted in the cloud and while on tablets and smartphones reducing the risk should a device be lost or stolen. IT can revoke enterprise file share access immediately if someone leaves or a device is stolen.
Cloud, On-Premise or Synced? You decide.
Alfresco One addresses the complete lifecycle of corporate content by extending powerful ECM capabilities from behind the firewall to the cloud — and all the way to mobile devices. But how you choose to deploy those benefits is up to you. If you are comfortable with a full cloud solution, use Alfresco in the cloud. If you require enterprise integration or customization and want to deploy on your servers or private cloud, use Alfresco One on-premise. And if you want to control the entire lifecycle, connect on-premise and cloud with Alfresco Enterprise Sync, as part of the Alfresco One subscription.
A Day in the Life of Alfresco One: Redefining a Claims Processing Process
How are companies using Alfresco One? Take a claims processing clerk at an insurance company. As part of the claims process they need to get information from an external loss adjuster. In the past this process may have been managed through multiple emails and the scanning of paper based files. Now using Alfresco One, rather than having to rely on email and paper documents, the external loss adjuster can simply upload the documents, photographs and reports to a secure site in the cloud. These new documents are automatically synced back to the office where the person handling the claim can review and process the claim. Once the claim is finished, the folder can be ‘un-synced’ and the content will be removed from the cloud, but saved in the office. The external loss adjuster never gets access to internal corporate files and the claims clerk has a simpler process allowing them to respond to the customer much quicker.
Learn how Alfresco One and Hybid ECM is helping Marketing Departments collaborate with their extended global marketing teams.
Try Alfresco One Right Now
If you are a business user, you can try Alfresco One by signing-up for Alfresco in the cloud now, for free. All it takes is your business email address to receive 10GB of free collaboration space. If you are in IT, you can download an Alfresco One trial right now, and test it in your infrastructure. Or, contact us to learn more about how Alfresco can help your company solve content chaos and get everything (and everyone) in sync.