Alfresco One is a powerful, scalable and extensible enterprise content platform
The Alfresco One content platform allows organizations to fully manage any type of content - from simple office documents, to scanned images, photographs, engineering drawings, and even large video files. Alfresco's built-in workflow allows companies to automate document intensive business processes, saving time and money. And Alfresco's native collaboration features enable secure collaboration, inside or even outside the firewall. Alfresco's commercial open source subscription model has been shown to deliver more business value in 1/2 the time and at 1/2 the cost of proprietary enterprise document management competitors.
Alfresco One on-premise platform capabilities
Enterprise-class document management at a fraction of the cost of legacy ECM solutions.
- Simple to use to enable user adoption
- Single repository to manage any type of file
- Integrated workflow to manage business processes
Secure, social collaboration features enable powerful enterprise content collaboration.
- Share sites, folders and files with your team
- See what's happening in the Alfresco content platform with activity feeds
- 'Like' content and 'Follow' your favorite content authors
DOD 5015.02 certified records management built for ease of use and value.
- One integrated solution for documents AND records
- Flexible design to support any organization's needs
- Simple to use to drive user adoption
Web content services
Powerful tools to publish content to the web. Author, collaborate and publish to Drupal, Liferay or your web app
- Collaboration environment for web teams
- Publish content to multiple web sites
- Social publishing for third party services: Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, SlideShare, etc.
The power of Alfresco on your mobile device: native iOS and Android apps, and powerful SDKs to build your own apps
- Access content on tablets and smart phones
- Make changes using mobile apps and save back
- Participate in business processes on your devices
Sync folders, files and business processes from Alfresco on-premise to Alfresco in the cloud.
- Sync content from on-premise content platform to the cloud
- Secure extranet for collaboration
- Enable remote access when out of the office
Check out the Alfresco Enterprise Extensions to see how you can get more from your Alfresco ECM solution.
How will Alfresco work within your environment?
Alfresco One scales up or out. With simple-to-configure clustering and multiple options for deployment, enterprise document management from Alfresco can grow with your organization:
- Single Server — Alfresco can be installed on a single server in a matter of a few clicks and a few minutes, including the database, application server and Alfresco application. Suitable for proof-of-concept projects or for small, departmental deployments.
- Horizontal Scalability — Alfresco can be installed on more than one node (or server) in a cluster. Additional servers can be added or removed from the cluster to meet user demand. This High Availability style configuration offers a higher level of reliability and resilience, and can be scaled-out as you grow.
- Vertical Scalability — To increase performance, the Alfresco application can be separated into different tiers so the content server, share application, search server, and content transformation server can be run on separate servers, each optimized to the workload.
- Alfresco Index Server — Content indexing can be run on a separate system to remove the indexing load from the Alfresco servers. All of the nodes in the Alfresco cluster can use this central index server, which can be scaled independently.
Alfresco One is built to conform to the highest security standards.
- Permissions set for individual users or groups to allow you to define exactly who can see content in the platform—whether by folder, individual files, or by project site.
Alfresco is open source and built using open standards to ensure compatibility and the highest levels of integration.
- Created and distributed as open source, allowing developers to download, test & extend
- One public API allows you to extend the content platform or integrate with your business applications
- Support for CMIS, the industry standard API for rich content repositories
- XML based model definitions
- Built with Java and open technologies
- Supports more open content standards than any other enterprise document management platform out-of-the-box
- Transparency and lack of vendor lock-in are built in to the platform
Alfresco’s content platform is designed to be easy to set up and manage.
- Administration console allows you to manage your repository, users, social publishing channels and your subscription, right from the web interface
- Modify server settings for various subsystems without a server restart