Forrester's Cheryl McKinnon dives deep into the power of Content Management Interoperability Services in this report, which finds that:
- CMIS has progressed beyond vendor hype and solves real business problems
- CMIS provides methods by which architects can selectively harvest useful information from a multitude of repositories...legacy systems can be decommissioned cost effectively.
- Compliance with any standard can be inconsistent from product to product. Verify vendor claims to ensure investments in new or upgraded systems meet your needs.
We see Alfresco's commitment to CMIS shining through in this report, as it notes that:
- [ADP] selected Alfresco as the ECM platform, largely due to its maturity with CMIS and commitment to the standard’s evolution.
- A high-profile US Department of Defense office embarked on an infrastructure modernization initiative...
CMIS was a key component of the migration effort from the legacy system to the new one based on Alfresco Software.