Alfresco Innovates with the New Digital Workspace
We’re pleased to announce the launch of the new Alfresco Digital Workspace, as part of the Alfresco Digital Business Platform. Powered by the Alfresco Application Development Framework (ADF), the goal of the Digital Workspace is to optimize the end-user experience and to deliver:
- Faster time-to-value with the support of a modern extension framework
- Better user adoption and turnkey on-boarding through a modern user experience
- Enhanced workforce efficiency through quick and easy file access
A modern experience for your users out of the box
Traditionally, the user experience of robust content management systems can be complex, getting in the way of the most common tasks people want to perform such as uploading/downloading, viewing and sharing content. With this new out-of-the-box experience, we’ve streamlined the default Alfresco UX to focus on the activities that are most important – many of which are made available through a contextual right-click actions menu. But make no mistake – the power of the underlying platform is still there to meet the needs of the most sophisticated power user. And if the experience you get out-of-the-box isn’t quite enough to meet your needs, modifying it to do so is easy.
Build fit-for-purpose solutions
Utilizing the flexibility of the Alfresco Application Development Framework, the new Digital Workspace will help companies create experiences their users will delight in. Through hundreds of reusable, localized and responsive UI components, there’s no limit to the tailored experiences developers can create – and the speed with which they can move with.
What can I accomplish with the Digital Workspace?
- Take advantage of a vibrant open source community developing solutions with an Angular framework
- Safely inject custom controls, viewer components, pages, and plug-ins without upgrade concerns
- Extend your applications with a range of capabilities from Alfresco partners: Geolang, Sphereon, Snowbound, ZIA
When and how can I start using the Digital Workspace?
The new Digital Workspace will be available to customers on the Alfresco Digital Business Platform later this year. Its first release will be available with the standard Alfresco Content Services 6.1 deployment, which also includes a new containerized deployment option through Amazon EKS.
Watch a short demo video to see the Digital Workspace in action.