As the content debate continues, we wanted to give you some resources to help navigate this complex world of managing data so we asked our enterprise content management (ECM) friends and fans to compile a comprehensive list of the best blogs and bloggers in the industry.
You did not disappoint.
In fact, some of you even identified a couple of our very own including the infamous, Laurence Hart who joined Alfresco today as our Content Management Strategist! Join me in congratulating Laurence on the new gig and check out who tops our list of best read ECM blogs:
- Ask Johnny! (www.johnnygee.wordpress.com) – Documentum’s Johnny Gee discusses design issues, enhancement requests and FAQs, encouraging the development community to share their ideas and solutions.
- Barclay T. Blair (www.barclaytblair.com) – Author, speaker and internationally recognized authority on information governance, Blair has led several high-profile consulting engagements at the world’s leading institutions to help them globally transform the way they manage information.
- Because Process Matters (www.becauseprocessmatters.com) – An OpenText blog that provides news, thought leadership discussions and perspectives on issues that impact business process improvement at all levels.
- Big Men on Content (www.bigmenoncontent.com) – ECM technology strategists Lee Dallas and Marko Sillanpää share opinions and discuss trends in content management.
- buckleyPLANET (www.buckleyplanet.com) – Microsoft’s SharePoint MVP and director of product evangelism at Axceler muses on technology, leadership and social informatics.
- CMS Report (www.cmsreport.com) – Over 300 authors contribute thousands of articles focused on applications for content and document management, collaboration, social publishing, web design and the mobile web.
- ecmarchitect.com (www.ecmarchitect.com) – Alfresco’s own Chief Community Officer, Jeff Potts shares insights about Alfresco and ECM in general, portals, search, collaboration and more.
- ECM By Numbers (http://aiim.typepad.com/ecmbynumbers/) – Opinions from AIIM’s 65,000 and growing community, which includes the issues, drivers and characteristics of the ECM market. (Hint: Looking for more trends and stats? Check out AIIM’s other blog, Digital Landfill from President John Mancini)
- ECM Plus – The Voice of Content (www.ecmplus.wordpress.com) – Compiles the latest news, features, analysis, research and expert market opinions on content and business information, as well as insights into current hot topics and issues in the ECM space.
- Programmable Web (www.programmableweb.com) – Various writers covering breaking news, current trends and a wide range of topics on how open APIs and platforms are impacting technology, business, legal, government and social computing.
- The Content Economy (www.thecontenteconomy.com) – Swedish business analyst and consultant, Oscar Berg shares insights about how social and mobile technologies are transforming collaborative knowledge work and consumer behavior.
- The Var Guy (www.thevarguy.com) – Channel insider’s popular blog covering emerging technologies for VARs, MSPs and IT service providers.
- Word of Pie (www.wordofpie.com) – Laurence Hart, content management consultant and former chief information officer of AIIM that blogs on all things content management. You also won’t want to miss his post today on why he chose to join Alfresco.
So who tops your list? Which individual, analyst and media blogs do you read for everything ECM? Leave a comment and let us know who we missed!