Break Down Barriers to Team Success
Collaboration is critical to business success. Facilitating information and process flows across organizational boundaries increases productivity and creates opportunities for increased responsiveness and innovation.
Alfresco makes it easy for people to collaborate internally and externally across the extended enterprise. Team members can upload, share, modify and approve business documents whether they’re in the office or on the move. Plus, Alfresco’s hybrid cloud configuration seamlessly integrates outside collaborators—including resellers, consultants, agencies and customers—all with complete control and security.
“With Alfresco, we have been able to provide users with team collaboration capabilities in a secure and modern environment and still have access to the core code. We’re looking forward to adding more social collaboration features that will allow researchers to more easily share ideas and test results.”
— David Cordner, NASA, IT Architect, Research Directorate
Dedicated project sites and rich collaboration tools make it easy for teams to work on documents, share knowledge and stay in sync.
- Wiki pages, discussion forums, project blogs and internet links help team members share ideas and expertise.
- Site dashboard alerts—who modified which file, when—and full document version control ensure people and content are up to date
- Tasks and built-in workflows keep teams on track and streamline document review and approval
Familiar social features promote team productivity by quickly connecting people with relevant content, discussions and feedback.
- Rich commenting on document and video files facilitates collaboration and feedback collection
- “Favorites” provide one-click access to important content, while “likes” help identify the most useful files
- Content can be shared via popular social networks, including Facebook, Twitter and Google+
Teams can collaborate from anywhere with convenient document access from iOS and Android mobile devices.
- The Alfresco Mobile App allows users to view, share, edit and upload documents, and participate in shared workflows while on the go
- Mobile synchronization makes the latest file versions available even without network access
Secure External Collaboration
Alfresco simplifies collaboration with external partners for a more secure alternative to sharing documents via email, USB drives and unsanctioned cloud-sharing services.
- Hybrid ECM with content synchronization lets people work effectively with external collaborators while keeping files under company control
- Public document links simplify content sharing and eliminate the need to email files between organizations
- Easy-to-configure management capabilities provide complete IT control in the cloud, and cloud files can be removed at the end of a collaboration