Unmatched Simplicity, Security and Control
It’s challenging for any organization to meet today’s increasingly stringent information governance and industry regulatory compliance requirements. Companies must protect customer data, adhere to policies and procedures, and provide a clear audit trail showing compliance—all without detracting from the core business.
Alfresco simplifies and strengthens compliance by automating the entire information lifecycle for documents—from initial capture through archive or final destruction. Plus, Alfresco seamlessly integrates electronic record keeping into key business processes and applications. Compliance is effortless and efficient, not an extra step or afterthought as it is with complex, standalone systems.
“In addition to all of its high value features, the real prize with Alfresco is its ability to deliver comprehensive Records Management. Once our users are leveraging the solution for collaboration and document management, it’s relatively simple for them to make the jump to declaring records using the familiar Alfresco Share interface.”
- Franz Weismann, Assistant Director of Information Management and Technology, The New Brunswick Department of Public Safety (DPS)
Simplicity through Automation
Alfresco hides the complexities of records management with an automated end-to-end process that drives consistent use and compliance.
- Business rules and metadata power the automatic declaration and filing of records—with little or no user action required.
- Automated lifecycle management provides effortless control over retention schedules for review, hold, transfer, archive and destroy
- Records remain easily accessible by users (with appropriate controls); they don’t disappear into an incomprehensible File Plan
A rich security feature set—developed working with government and intelligence agencies—controls and preserves the confidentiality of business files and corporate records.
- A combination of access controls, security clearance levels and security marks offers highly granular control over security and permissions
- Complete document audit trails allow companies to track who accessed a record or file, what they did and when
- Easy-to-configure disposition schedules ensure that records and files are managed in accordance with data governance and compliance rules
Open Technology for Flexibility
A platform based on open standards and open source technology is the only way to achieve a viable long-term solution for evolving compliance needs.
- Ensure that records aren’t locked in a proprietary system or format and that they’re accessible years or even decades from now
- Readily integrate new business applications and assets types into a records management process
- Easily adjust business rules and disposition schedules to meet new information governance requirements
Organizations in highly regulated sectors like government, financial services and healthcare trust Alfresco technology to meet their compliance obligations.
- Simplify and strengthen compliance with the only open source records management solution that is DoD 5015.02 certified
- Satisfy a variety of records management mandates and standards, including NARA/OMB 2016 and 2019, ISO 15489, MoReq and VERS
- Reduce the time and cost of eDiscovery with powerful search capabilities, and then place holds on content