Junior Technical Support Engineer
Alfresco Technical Support Engineers need to be versatile.
Since Alfresco is Open Source, our Technical support Engineers need to provide a high level of expertise and an exceptional quality of service to our partners, external and internal customers.
- Requires the ability to take full ownership and control of an issue without supervision, to develop and maintain excellent relationships with all our customers and partners, and to help in continuously improving the support service to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Interact directly with our partners and customers to resolve technical issues in a timely manner.
- Provide partners and customers with accounts across all Alfresco systems.
- Help partners and customers find the information they need or the people they need to speak to.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers and record these resolutions for general use.
- Work with other teams as required to identify and report defects, find incident fixes and validate enhancement requests.
- Designate which defects/problems are the most important to be fixed and document related information in the Defect Tracking and Customer Support CRM.
- Notify the management team of any potential escalations.
- Escalate where appropriate.
- Maintain interaction with Sales force and Professional Services to insure customer needs are met and growth opportunities are maximized.
- A passion for customers and a strong interest and desire to handle a variety of technical issues from the very basic through the ambiguous to complex.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, learn quickly and be proactive.
- Proven problem-solving ability in both business and technical environments.
- Fluency in a second language, ideally Spanish would be desirable.
- Experience of installing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting any issue on either Windows Server, Linux or UNIX operating systems, with a good basic understanding of the others.
- Ability to trace and debug Web applications.
- Perform analysis and tune operating system and web technology performance.
- Understanding of network protocol layers, security layers and domain models.
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese.
- Understanding of Enterprise Content Management.
- Experience with Hibernate, Spring Aspect-Oriented Framework and the Lucene Text Search Engine.
- Understanding of one or more relational databases.
- Knowledge of JSR170, JSR-168 Portlet Specification, JSR-127 Java Server Faces.
Freedom to act
This role will report to the US Technical Support Director, although it is expected that the individual will work largely independently and need minimal supervision.
Some travel may be required for this role