Alfresco Named to KMWorld Magazine List of 100 Companies that Matter in Knowledge Management
Open Source ECM Leader Honored for Low-Cost, Cloud-Deployable, Knowledge Management Platform
LONDON — February 23, 2010 —Alfresco Software, the leader in open source enterprise content management (ECM) solutions, has been named to KMWorld Magazine’s 2010 list of 100 Companies that Matter in Knowledge Management (KM). Selected by a panel of experts including editors, analysts, system integrators and end-users, Alfresco was selected for its contributions to the knowledge management space through the company’s cost-effective and highly scalable open source ECM platform.
Tweet This: #Alfresco Software named to @KMWorld Magazine list of 100 Companies that Matter in Knowledge Management http://bit.ly/b5uLxO
Alfresco’s honor in KMWorld Magazine builds on several key developments to the Alfresco ECM system and company milestones over the past year:
- Certified Records management functionality: With its Records Management (RM) solution, Alfresco became the first open source software to obtain U.S. Department of Defense 5015.02 records management certification.
- Flexible cloud computing capability: Alfresco has made available an Amazon EC2 image of its ECM platform in addition to offering a free trial of a cloud-based instance of the Alfresco Enterprise Edition.
- Increased partner momentum: The company has recently entered into key partnerships with IBM, bringing an Alfresco-Lotus integration to IBM Lotus users, and RightScale, providing a platform to manage cloud-based enterprise deployments of Alfresco, in recent months.
- CMIS leadership: Alfresco has remained an active leader in the development of the Content Management Interoperability Specification (CMIS) standard, which entered Oasis Public Review in October of 2009.
- Customer and community growth: Alfresco has more than 800 enterprise customers, over 270 SI and OEM partners, and has surpassed the 2.0 million downloads mark for Community edition.
“In today’s knowledge economy, Alfresco Software does more than simply throw sophisticated technology at its customers, it provides real solutions through inspired planning and execution throughout the entire constituency chain," said Hugh McKellar, KMWorld editor in chief.
“KMWorld’s recognition of our leadership role in the knowledge management space further validates our mission to continue to provide an easy to use, flexible and scalable open source technology that enables enterprises to solve critical business challenges and improve their bottom line,” said John Powell, CEO and Co-founder, Alfresco Software. “We have made great strides in the last year in a range of areas and markets – from CMIS to cloud computing to records management – and to be recognized for these efforts is truly an honor.”
More information can be found in the March print issue of KMWorld Magazine and online at www.kmworld.com.
The leading information provider serving the Knowledge, Document and Content Management systems market, KMWorld informs more than 45,000 subscribers about the components and processes - and subsequent success stories – that together offer solutions for improving business performance. KMWorld is a publishing unit of Information Today, Inc.
Alfresco is an enterprise open-source software company focused on advancing the flow of digital business. The company provides a better, more effortless way for people to work, making sure they have the information they need, exactly when they need it most. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is an open, modern, secure platform that intelligently activates process and content to accelerate the flow of business. It provides the fastest path for people to interact with information and for companies to respond to changing business needs. Alfresco helps over 1300 industry-leading organizations build solutions where content finds users, processes dynamically adapt to changing needs enabling global companies to be more responsive and competitive. Alfresco’s customers include Cisco, Bank of NY Mellon, Liberty Mutual, Capital One, US Department of Navy, and NASA. Founded in 2005, Alfresco has U.S. headquarters in San Mateo, California and European headquarters in Maidenhead, UK. For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.