Alfresco Closes Landmark Financial Year 2007
Alfresco grows customer bookings by 320% and community members to 45,000LONDON, April 8, 2008 – Alfresco Software today announced that it closed financial year 2007 with exponential growth in downloads, community members and customers. As the clear leader in open source enterprise content management (ECM) Alfresco broke through the following milestones:
• Surpassed the one million software download mark
• Grew community membership to in excess of 45,000 members
• Grew customer bookings by over 320% year-on-year with more than 400 enterprise accounts
• Announced significant OEM partnerships - including a major deal with publishing giant Quark
• Exceeded 30,000 active deployments of Alfresco worldwide
• Won significant new WCM clients in first year of product shipping
• Secured $9 million Series C round of financing led by SAP Ventures
“Our fiscal year 2007 has seen dramatic gains and we have exceeded goals on all fronts,” said John Powell, CEO, Alfresco Software. “High download figures and great customer momentum are both clear indications that end-users view Alfresco as a credible alternative to legacy, 1990’s proprietary vendors. This illustrates Alfresco has a viable, repeatable business model based on new business and a renewing customer base that can deliver consistent results in the short and long term. The start to 2008 is accelerating and the future is bright for open source particularly in the current cost conscious climate”.
Financial year 2007 also saw the launch of Alfresco’s Web Content Management (WCM) product which attracted great interest across industries and ultimately led to a number of high-profile new customer signings including Activision, Electronics Arts and Sony Pictures Imageworks Interactive. Alfresco is used by 5 of the top 10 investment banks world-wide and major government organizations globally.
“Alfresco Software offers a unique approach that is not solely based on its open source model,” wrote Kyle McNabb, principal analyst, Forrester Research in the November 2007 report The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Content Management Suites, Q4 2007. “Embracing Web 2.0 tools, using representational state transfer (REST), together with tackling document management, imaging, content archiving, records management and Web content management (WCM), make Alfresco a real ECM suites contender.”