Alfresco Drives CMIS Discussions at AIIM
Alfresco Founder to Present on CMIS; Participate in AIIM CMIS Demo and Host Networking Events
CMIS will take center stage at this year’s event as AIIM plans to leverage the new draft specification to host a federated demonstration allowing attendees to access conference materials stored in multiple content management systems (CMS). The proposed CMIS standard currently is being advanced by an OASIS technical committee and is designed to enable content to be accessed regardless of CMS. Developers can build and test CMIS applications using Alfresco which then can be deployed on SharePoint, EMC, IBM, or OpenText. Alfresco is participating in the AIIM CMIS demonstration by providing access to a hosted Alfresco implementation, which uses an Alfresco ECM repository and delivers out-of-the-box, collaborative content management. The OASIS Technical Committee expects to reach standards approval on CMIS by the end of 2009.
“CMIS has huge momentum and will become the foundation for building a new generation of content collaboration and social computing applications,” said John Newton, CTO, Alfresco Software. “The AIIM Conference presents the perfect venue to demonstrate the benefits of CMIS in action with live systems and discuss how ECM vendors, users and developers can leverage this emerging standard to provide a new range of content applications that will bring content management technology to the masses.”
Detailed information on the Alfresco activities at AIIM include:
- “Open Source Collaboration: Enabling CRIX Consortium Members to Accelerate Collaboration and Information Flows” presented by Dr Ian Howells, Alfresco CMO, and Mark Vermette, CRIX Product Manager, on March 31 at 3:30 pm;
- “The Impact of CMIS in an Interoperable World” presented by John Newton, Alfresco CTO on April 1 at 10:10 am;
- Alfresco will be exhibiting at AIIM in booth 542 and will be demonstrating live CMIS Integrations with Joomla! and Drupal, as well as Alfresco ECM and the Alfresco Network;
- Rivet Logic & Alfresco “Open Source ECM in Action” Reception on April 1 from 5:00pm at the Marriott Hotel; and,
- Optaros: Drupal & Alfresco Integration built using CMIS
- CIGNEX: Case Study on Liferay & Alfresco Integration
- Rivet Logic: Replacing your Legacy ECM with Enterprise Open Source Alfresco
- Rothbury: Adobe Flex & Alfresco Integration
- Microstrategies: Kofax & Alfresco Integration
Alfresco is an enterprise open-source software company focused on advancing the flow of digital business. The company provides a better, more effortless way for people to work, making sure they have the information they need, exactly when they need it most. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is an open, modern, secure platform that intelligently activates process and content to accelerate the flow of business. It provides the fastest path for people to interact with information and for companies to respond to changing business needs. Alfresco helps over 1300 industry-leading organizations build solutions where content finds users, processes dynamically adapt to changing needs enabling global companies to be more responsive and competitive. Alfresco’s customers include Cisco, Bank of NY Mellon, Liberty Mutual, Capital One, US Department of Navy, and NASA. Founded in 2005, Alfresco has U.S. headquarters in San Mateo, California and European headquarters in Maidenhead, UK. For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.