Alfresco Leapfrogs Cloud File Sharing With True Cloud Content Management
Alfresco in the cloud goes GA; over 15,000 companies signed-up in the last 90 days
London, UK June 21, 2012 -- Alfresco, the cloud connected content platform, announced today that Alfresco’s cloud service is now generally available.Since launching in beta, over 15,000 companies have signed up from over 160 countries.With more than 50% of workforce employees bringing their own personal devices to work, Alfresco in the cloud is the most secure way to work together with colleagues, partners, customers and prospects on any device of your choice.You can sign-up with a company email address and get 10GB of free storage at alfresco.com.
“Alfresco in the cloud is much more than simple file sharing.It is the same platform that thousands of enterprises around the world already use for scalable, transactional document management and collaboration,” explained David Gildeh, Director of Cloud Services at Alfresco.“Until now, there hasn’t been a secure, enterprise-ready cloud solution that is both easy-to-use and addresses IT’s concerns.Alfresco is one cloud content management app that both users and IT can get excited about.”
Alfresco in the cloud is the SaaS version of Alfresco that extends Alfresco’s document management capabilities across the firewall to support you when you want to easily and securely collaborate with colleagues or other organizations.It allows you to use mobile devices without having to use a VPN to access your content and can be used in the cloud as an online file sharing and collaboration app or in conjunction with Alfresco Enterprise on-premise in a hybrid cloud model.It can also fully replace USB drives for sharing and storing company files.
Along with GA of the service, Alfresco has released key new cloud features that include:
- S3 Encrypted Content - Content is securely encrypted at rest when stored in the cloud using 256bit AES Encryption.This ensures any physical security breach to our data center will not compromise your content.
- Support for WebDAV - WebDAV can be used to provide Dropbox-like synchronization on the desktop using 3rd party clients such as GoodSync.It also allows you to open, edit and save content from popular productivity apps like Apple iWork directly into Alfresco from your desktop, phone or tablet device.
- Public File Sharing Links - Share files in your Alfresco Document Library using a Public URL that can be shared easily via any service such as email, Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
- Folder Rules and Actions, including file transformations - Alfresco allows you to automate repetitive tasks, such as converting Docs to PDF.Alfresco’s powerful workflow engine allows users to more efficiently automate these types of tasks.
“The workplace is being transformed by the increasing demand for tablets, which is challenging IT departments as users bring in personal cloud file sharing services to access their content,” said John Powell, CEO of Alfresco.“Alfresco in the cloud provides a safe, IT-friendly option that enables tablets and smartphones while at the same time keeps the company in control.Alfresco is the only platform where users can start using it today in the cloud or IT departments can deploy it fully behind the firewall.Cloud, on-premise or hybrid… now companies finally have a choice.”
Getting started with Alfresco in the cloud:
- Sign-up for Alfresco in the cloud and get 10GB of storage for your company for free.You can set-up as many users and sites as you would like - paid plans start at $49/month for 5 users on an annual contract.
- Download the Alfresco mobile app for iPad or iPhone, where you can also sign-up for Alfresco.
- Access an infographic of the evolution of cloud content management.
- Watch the Alfresco Tour Video
- Connect with Alfresco on Social Content, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
Acerca de Alfresco
Alfresco is how great businesses share, organize and protect their content.Nearly 7 million people in over 180 countries use Alfresco Enterprise, Cloud, Mobile and Community to manage over 3 billion files worldwide. Tanto si están de viaje como si trabajan en la oficina, Alfresco permite a los equipos de hoy en día hacer un gran trabajo.
Founded in 2005, Alfresco is headquartered in London with US headquarters in Atlanta.