Alfresco and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Alfresco® is the leading open-source provider of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and Business Process Management (BPM) solutions. Alfresco on Amazon Web Services™ (AWS) combines the mobile collaboration, capabilities, and ubiquitous file access with the security, control, and policy enforcement that enterprises need.
Alfresco on AWS helps you achieve faster time to value of your ECM and BPM needs while driving operational efficiencies.
The Alfresco platform is an open, powerful platform that is easy to extend, customize and integrate with your existing applications and processes.
Compared to legacy ECM platforms, Alfresco provides the same functionality yet architected with modern web systems in mind. Alfresco delivers advanced features to help today’s knowledge workers collaborate and share ideas easily. Alfresco on AWS offers:
- Secure File Sharing for the Enterprise: Alfresco on AWS combines the collaboration, file sharing and mobile file access capabilities of consumer services like products but with the security, control and policy enforcement that enterprises demand.
- Enterprise-Scale Content and Process Services in the Cloud: Alfresco on AWS is much more than just file sharing or collaboration. Alfresco is a true document management solution that helps you make business processes more efficient, whether you are processing millions of invoices in finance or managing highly confidential contracts in legal.
- Information Governance in the Cloud (including Compliance and Records Management): With Alfresco on AWS, enterprises and governments now have a simple, low-cost cloud solution for compliance with regulations, acts and mandates. Alfresco Records Management has a powerful records management metadata model that can support standards such as DoD 5015.02, MoReq2010 or NOARK
- Easy file sharing and collaboration
- Powerful document management features
- Task management & workflow
- Complete IT control of security and access
- Choice of full SaaS or private AWS instance
- Powerful metadata & full-text search
AWS Quick Start
Accelerate your Alfresco One production deployment on AWS
Use the AWS QuickStart to quickly deploy Alfresco One on AWS for your production environment. The QuickStart contains reference production architecture, guidelines and best practices. It bakes in high-availability, has been tuned using benchmarking and introduces a foundation set of security.
It's available via the AWS QuickStart site.
Alfresco + AWS Transforming the Business of United Cerebral Palsy Seguin of Greater Chicago
Discover how Alfresco helps United Cerebral Palsy Seguin (UCPS) of Greater Chicago provide digital books to kids with disabilities including K-12 textbooks, interactive online exams, medical resources, videos, and counseling information.
“Alfresco has allowed us to transform the act of content management to a business function … Alfresco platform has the horsepower to get us to where we need to go in terms of scalability, and the vary types of content we can’t anticipate as technology changes” Steve Clements – UCPS of Greater Chicago, Director of Program Technologies
Alfresco on AWS delivers a more dynamic, scalable, and cost-effective platform enabling UCPS with 100’s of other affiliates to provide service to 176,000 people in their community and support over 20,000 teachers from over 500 school districts.
To learn more about this story, click here.
Want to Learn More?
- Read our recap blog from re:Invent
- Read the whitepaper on how to create the business case and realize the benefits of ECM in the cloud
- Check out the on-demand webinar of Disrupt the Disruptors: How to Stay Ahead of the Game