Alfresco Launches CMIS Developer Toolbox
Leading Open Source CMIS Member Continues to Grow Community for Content Management Standard
As a contributing member of the draft technical specification, Alfresco is committed to growing the CMIS Community and being the leading Open Source CMIS member - driving development, discussion and adoption of both CMIS and CMIS best practices. In order to encourage developers to learn, explore and prototype CMIS, the Alfresco CMIS Developer Toolbox provides the following resources:
- CMIS Trial – a downloadable trial of the draft CMIS implementation;
- CMIS Sample Dashlets – demonstrating how to use the CMIS REST API;
- CMIS Wiki – home of all things “CMIS”, including details of the technical specification;
- CMIS Q&A – covering the top ten most-asked questions about CMIS;
- CMIS Survey – for developers to provide feedback on their experiences with the CMIS;
- CMIS Forum – participate in discussions on the evolution of the standard;
- CMIS Blog – hear from an OASIS CMIS committee member on the progress of the standard and Alfresco’s implementation of it;
- CMIS On-Demand Webinar – discover what CMIS means to the ECM user community; and
- CMIS White Paper – understand the impact of CMIS on content management repositories.
The draft CMIS specification is backed by all the leading ECM vendors. The objective of the draft CMIS specification is to deliver a common REST or Web Services API that can be used to develop write-once, run-anywhere, next generation content and social applications.
Alfresco CMIS Developer Toolbox is available at: http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/CMIS
Alfresco is an enterprise open-source software company focused on advancing the flow of digital business. The company provides a better, more effortless way for people to work, making sure they have the information they need, exactly when they need it most. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is an open, modern, secure platform that intelligently activates process and content to accelerate the flow of business. It provides the fastest path for people to interact with information and for companies to respond to changing business needs. Alfresco helps over 1300 industry-leading organizations build solutions where content finds users, processes dynamically adapt to changing needs enabling global companies to be more responsive and competitive. Alfresco’s customers include Cisco, Bank of NY Mellon, Liberty Mutual, Capital One, US Department of Navy, and NASA. Founded in 2005, Alfresco has U.S. headquarters in San Mateo, California and European headquarters in Maidenhead, UK. For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.