Formtek File Linking Extension
Using standard Alfresco® Share, if you want a document to be accessible from multiple locations, the document must be physically copied or duplicated. In many cases, the preferable solution is to simply create a reference in those other locations that points to the original physical document rather than duplicating the document itself.
The Formtek File Linking Extension allows a single document stored in Alfresco to be accessible from multiple locations without physically duplicating the document. A user who is able to access the primary document is able to create a reference in any number of locations that links back to the physical document. Any changes made to the physical document or its metadata are immediately accessible from all referenced locations.
- Allows a single document stored in Alfresco to be accessible from any number of locations without physically duplicating the document
- Provides references with immediate access to content and metadata changes made to the primary document
- Displays different icons to indicate if a document has a reference or is a reference
- Allows references to be removed without deleting the primary document
- Warns you that existing references will be removed when deleting a primary document
- Maintains existing references if the primary document is moved to a different location
- Installs via a JAR file and includes an installer and an uninstaller
Victor Malespina (sales) +1 904 829 9251
Ed Kay (services) +1 404 408 8151