Alfresco Optimizes Its Enterprise Content Platform for Amazon Web Services
Secure collaboration and enterprise file sharing now available three ways hosted on AWS
Atlanta, GA. — December 20, 2012 —Today Alfresco announced that its open platform for business critical content management is enhanced and available for Amazon Web Services (AWS). Customers in industries such as finance, government and healthcare can now use Alfresco hosted on AWS in three distinct ways based on their specific functionality and security needs.
“Alfresco has seen a rising demand for cloud content management and secure file sharing in the cloud,” explained David Gildeh, Director of Cloud Services at Alfresco. “But the one-size-fits-all approach of SaaS-only cloud services doesn’t meet the diverse requirements of our enterprise customers. Complex, global organizations require flexibility and choice in how they deploy – and that is exactly what Alfresco hosted on AWS offers.”
Alfresco can now be used three ways powered by AWS:
- Full SaaS application. Alfresco in the cloud is the company’s online collaboration service for enterprise documents hosted on AWS. Alfresco in the cloud is for simple, business-class collaboration with mobile access and file sharing.
- Alfresco Enterprise hosted on AWS. The full Alfresco enterprise content management (ECM) platform is now available as an Amazon Machine Image (AMI) in the Amazon Marketplace. Use Alfresco Enterprise as a private instance hosted on AWS for greater control over configuration and customization as well as integration with existing networks or enterprise systems. Many customers configure Alfresco Enterprise hosted on AWS as a secure file-sharing solution in the cloud, fully managed by their own IT department.
- Alfresco One Hybrid ECM. Customers can deploy a full, private instance of Alfresco Enterprise hosted on AWS for business critical document management behind the firewall and then sync files or folders to Alfresco in the cloud.
Alfresco hosted on AWS is the same proven platform that is used by over 3,000 enterprises globally for business critical document management, secure collaboration and enterprise file sharing. Alfresco can be used to automate loan processes, streamline insurance claims, manage confidential legal contracts and file government records. More recently, Alfresco has been deployed as a secure enterprise file sharing solution, complete with native mobile apps and a desktop sync client (currently in beta).
“As an AWS Premier Consulting Partner, we are excited to be partnering with Alfresco to deliver a secure mobile collaboration solution to the market on AWS,” said Sri Vasireddy, Chief Cloud Officer of 8KMiles. “Alfresco is a modern content management solution that has been optimized for AWS, making it a perfect platform to build robust, secure, enterprise content solutions.”
Along with three ways to use Alfresco hosted on AWS, the company will also support S3 storage and RDS to give customers ultimate flexibility when incorporating AWS into Alfresco implementations.
- Listen to the AWS+Alfresco recorded webinar – “Delivering a Secure Enterprise File Storage & Collaboration Solution"
- Learn more about Alfresco on AWS at alfresco.com/AWS
- Access Alfresco hosted on AWS, available on AWS Marketplace
- Connect with Alfresco on Social Content, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
Alfresco is how great businesses share, organize and protect their content. Nearly 7 million people in over 180 countries use Alfresco Enterprise, Cloud, Mobile and Community to manage over 3 billion files worldwide. Whether on the go or in the office, Alfresco empowers today's teams to do great work. Founded in 2005, Alfresco is headquartered in London with U.S. headquarters in Atlanta. For more information about Alfresco please visit: http://alfresco.com.