Alfresco Software Stands Out with Exceptional Growth in 2008
Open source content management company grows revenue by more than 100 percent year-over-year, continues to drive market with key customer, product and industry milestones
LONDON—March 30, 2009 — Despite the challenges of the current economy, Alfresco Software, Inc. today announced that it closed 2008 with 103 percent year-over-year revenue growth, as well as 92 percent growth from Q407 to Q408. Alfresco’s financial year ended on 28 February 2009. The company’s year-over-year growth in revenue was reinforced by record multi-year commitments to Alfresco’s open source enterprise and web content management, collaboration and document management tools, further strengthening its position as a market leader. Additional 2008 highlights include:
Expanded customer, community and corporate footprint
- Added more than 270 enterprise customers, including FedEx, Fox Broadcasting, NYPD, OSHA, State of Kansas, Sun Microsystems, Virgin Mobile;
- Doubled community membership with more than 90,000 customers, developers and partners;
- Surpassed the 1.5 million software downloads mark;
- Increased staff by 28 percent;
- Added 90 new partners to global SI network; and,
- Secured 18 OEM partnerships, including embedding Alfresco in Adobe® LiveCycle™ Enterprise Suite to deliver content services capabilities.
Tweet this: #Alfresco more than doubles its revenue in 2008; adds 270+ enterprise customers http://tinyurl.com/alfresco08
“Alfresco has been able to grow and evolve the ECM market in this economy by not only continuously investing in our products and services, but by filling a critical need for companies that are shifting away from costly proprietary systems, recognizing the value of the open source business model and looking to make multi-year commitments to Alfresco technologies. Our customers are able to enjoy savings of up to 96 percent on the cost of proprietary ECM solutions,” said John Powell, CEO of Alfresco Software. “Based on our momentum in 2008, our current sales pipeline and plans for product development, we expect 2009 to be another year of substantial growth and we will continue to expand geographically to meet increasing customer demand.”
Introduced product “firsts” and drove adoption of industry standards
- Announced the availability of Alfresco Enterprise 3.0, the open source alternative to Microsoft SharePoint and first product to fully integrate SharePoint protocol support, offer Microsoft users greater choice and enable companies to use a mixed environment with Linux or Windows, Java or .Net, MySQL or Oracle;
- Released version 2.2 of Alfresco WCM platform delivering enhanced scalability and web farm deployment for enterprise-scale sites;
- Led by CTO and Chairman John Newton, released the industry’s first implementation of the proposed Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) specification, designed to enable interoperability across content management repositories;
- First to develop and demonstrate a CMIS integration with release of the Alfresco:Joomla!™ Integration Module.
“In the year ahead, we’re prepared to continue to lead the charge in the significant market shift that will take place with anticipated ratification of the Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) standard, enabling true content repository interoperability and expanding the next generation of content collaboration and social computing applications,” explained John Newton, who in addition to his role at Alfresco is an OASIS CMIS Technical Committee member. “From an Alfresco product roadmap perspective, in 2009 we will focus on delivering features for more complex customer systems and providing services to continually advance the customer experience.”
Secured industry recognition
- Won InfoWorld’s Best of Open Source Software Award (BOSSIE) for the second year in a row, Alfresco Labs was selected as the best open source content management solution;
- Named on EContent 100 list of Companies that Matter for third consecutive year;
- Selected by Audemars Piguet and European Tech Tour Association for “Next Gem Award,” which recognizes best young company;
- Recipient of Business Computing Magazine Editor’s Choice Award;
- DM Magazine awards Alfresco customer Surrenda-Link the Document Management Private Sector Project of the Year Award for 2008;
- Named by Linux Magazine as one of Top 20 Companies to Watch in 2008.
Alfresco is an enterprise open-source software company focused on advancing the flow of digital business. The company provides a better, more effortless way for people to work, making sure they have the information they need, exactly when they need it most. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is an open, modern, secure platform that intelligently activates process and content to accelerate the flow of business. It provides the fastest path for people to interact with information and for companies to respond to changing business needs. Alfresco helps over 1300 industry-leading organizations build solutions where content finds users, processes dynamically adapt to changing needs enabling global companies to be more responsive and competitive. Alfresco’s customers include Cisco, Bank of NY Mellon, Liberty Mutual, Capital One, US Department of Navy, and NASA. Founded in 2005, Alfresco has U.S. headquarters in San Mateo, California and European headquarters in Maidenhead, UK. For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.