Alfresco Delivers Fast and Comprehensive Access to Documentation with New Portal
Alfresco Documentation online meets customer demand for single location for all Alfresco documentation with comprehensive search facility
LONDON—June 13, 2011 — Alfresco today announced the immediate availability of Alfresco Documentation online, accessible through the Alfresco Support Portal and the website. Built on Alfresco Enterprise 3.4, this new portal furthers Alfresco’s commitment to delivering world-class support to its enterprise customers by providing a single resource for fast access to all Alfresco documentation. Alfresco Documentation Online features prompt and comprehensive search so customers can easily find the documentation they need for installing, configuring, using, administering, customizing, extending and troubleshooting Alfresco.
Also available at docs.Alfresco.com, Alfresco Documentation Online provides the following capabilities:
- Simplified Navigation – The new simplified approach provides synchronized global navigation, a clear breadcrumb trail as well as unique topic URLs for easy bookmarking. Integrated navigation ensures users see the context of their topic within the documentation set, whether they get there with a bookmark, documentation search, or even from Google search results.
- Quicker Search – The fast embedded search engine provides easy access across the documentation set or within specific topic areas while also highlighting search keywords in the selected topic.
- Document Printing – The PDF versions of documents are still available on request to print.
- Google Friendly URLs – Each task has its own unique URL, so the entirety of Alfresco’s documentation sets can be indexed by Google and other search engines, taking the customer directly to the topics that answer their questions via web search results.
- Extensive Content – Alfresco now includes more comprehensive information about web scripts, troubleshooting and extending Alfresco among others.
- Single Documentation – As a single online repository, bookmarks take Alfresco customers to all the official documentation, which also means users have access to the most current and accurate documentation.
“In order to deliver on our commitment to provide the best open source solution for ECM, we know that we need to provide comprehensive product documentation on how to best leverage our platform,” said John Newton, Alfresco CTO. “Both customers and partners gave us valuable feedback about what they needed and within a matter of months we have taken what we’ve heard to give them a more robust documentation repository that makes it even easier to use and search for specific Alfresco insight.”
About Alfresco Software
Alfresco is the leading open platform for social content management. The platform combines the innovation of open source with the stability of a true enterprise-class platform, at a tenth of the cost of legacy ECM solutions. The Alfresco content platform uses a flexible architecture to provide document management, web content management, records management and social collaboration to customers and partners in 55 countries. Headquartered in London, Alfresco was founded in 2005 by a team of content management veterans including the co-founder of Documentum, John Newton, and former COO of Business Objects, John Powell.
Alfresco Media Contact:
Lois Paul & Partners
Alfresco is an enterprise open-source software company focused on advancing the flow of digital business. The company provides a better, more effortless way for people to work, making sure they have the information they need, exactly when they need it most. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is an open, modern, secure platform that intelligently activates process and content to accelerate the flow of business. It provides the fastest path for people to interact with information and for companies to respond to changing business needs. Alfresco helps over 1300 industry-leading organizations build solutions where content finds users, processes dynamically adapt to changing needs enabling global companies to be more responsive and competitive. Alfresco’s customers include Cisco, Bank of NY Mellon, Liberty Mutual, Capital One, US Department of Navy, and NASA. Founded in 2005, Alfresco has U.S. headquarters in San Mateo, California and European headquarters in Maidenhead, UK. For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.