Alfresco to Host Global Meetups for Customers, Partners, Developers and Community
Meetups Agenda to include Customer Case Studies & Master-Classes on Alfresco 3.3, new WCM features, CMIS, Gov2.0, Integrations with Acquia Drupal, IBM & SAP
LONDON—March 22, 2010 —Alfresco Software today announced that it will host Alfresco Meetups in Europe and North America starting April 21 and running through May 11, 2010, with more Meetups planned later in the year.
The Alfresco Meetups are informal, full-day events designed to promote the exchange of information, ideas, product design and development plans between Alfresco’s Customers, Partners and Community members and CTO John Newton and founding members of the Alfresco Engineering team.
Agenda topics will include:
- A preview of Alfresco Enterprise 3.3;
- Customer case studies on best practice and implementation;
- Demonstration of new WCM functionality, including content services for web applications & straight through publishing;
- Integrations with Acquia Drupal, IBM Lotus and SAP;
- How to leverage the CMIS standard to build future-proof content applications;
- Government 2.0 open source solutions to deliver transparency and public access;
- A guide to ECM in the Cloud; and,
- Using Spring Surf to develop next generation Spring sites.
Alfresco Enterprise Customers, Certified Partners, Active Community Members and Developers are invited to participate in the Meetups and to take the opportunity to share feedback on roadmap reviews, feature prioritization, and user interface design discussions.
Registration for the Alfresco Spring Meetups is now open at:
- Alfresco UK Meetup, London - April 29th
- Alfresco French Meetup, Paris - May 6th
- Alfresco US Meetup, New York - May 11th
Further Meetups are scheduled in San Francisco, Germany and The Netherlands during October 2010, with dates to be announced.
"2010 marks Alfresco’s fifth anniversary, so at this year's Meetups we will be celebrating the achievements of the Alfresco community over this period, as well as hearing about the exciting roadmap and forthcoming Alfresco innovations in the areas of Government 2.0, CMIS, Spring Surf and Cloud Computing," said John Powell, CEO of Alfresco Software.
The events are free to attend, but space is limited so please register early. For further information or to register for a Meetup, please visit: http://www.alfresco.com/events/
To discover more about Alfresco visit: http://bit.ly/alf32cloud