Alfresco Strengthens Open Source ECM Market Leadership with Record Q4 and 2009
Expanded customer, partner and community base and key product developments drive Alfresco’s growth
LONDON – March 30, 2010 – Alfresco Software, the leader in open source ECM, today announced the closing of its 2009 fiscal year ending February 28th with 61 percent year-over-year revenue growth. Driven by record growth in new subscription customers and expansion of its partner network, Alfresco also recorded its best ever quarter in company history in Q4 2009 with significant growth in orders received from Q408 to Q409.
In the fourth quarter, both the Americas and EMEA territories posted record numbers, adding more than 120 new customers and nearly doubling business in the Asia Pacific region compared to a year ago. Alfresco also secured its largest single subscription deal in its history and continued to secure strong renewal rates, demonstrating the enduring value of the Alfresco subscription service.
Tweet This: #Alfresco announces record results for Q4 & 2009, driven by new subscriptions & growing SI network http://bit.ly/alffy09
“Because we continued to invest and grow throughout the worst stages of the recession, we have established a strong base from which to launch an ambitious plan for the financial year ahead. Entering into 2010, our leading indicators of downloads, inbound inquires, Web ranking and cloud-based ECM software trials all point to continued momentum, growth and leadership in open source content services and ECM,” said John Powell, CEO of Alfresco Software. “Open source proved itself in the recession as customers turned to more cost-effective software solutions. Now as the economy is picking up, these proven projects are expanding into large-scale rollouts.”
Alfresco’s key 2009 highlights include:
- Added more than 300 enterprise customers from all five continents and more than 40 countries, including Cisco, Forbes, BNP Paribas, Merck, Yell, Pioneer Investments, the US Department of Housing and Urban Development and Greenpeace International;
- Surpassed the two million software downloads mark;
- Increased staff by 29 percent and moved headquarters into expanded office space in Maidenhead, UK; and,
- Opened a new Asia Pacific Support Center based in Syndey, Australia and brought Alfresco services to Eastern Europe and Russia through a partnership with VDEL GmbH.
CMIS/Open Source Leadership
- Released the first Content Management Interoperability Specification (CMIS) public review implementation as part of Alfresco Community 3.2;
- CTO and co-founder John Newton named to AIIM Board of Directors, in part due to his role in advancing CMIS; and,
- Contributed Spring Surf, the largest Spring Extension to date, to Spring open source community under Apache 2.0 license.
- Added 100 global system integrators (SI) and established more than 20 new original equipment manufacturer (OEM) partnerships;
- Secured key partnerships with IBM, Amazon Web Services and RightScale; and,
- Announced Alfresco Content Services for IBM Lotus in conjunction with IBM, bringing an Alfresco-Lotus integration to IBM Lotus users.
Records Management/Government Momentum
- Launched Alfresco Enterprise 3.2, which introduced the open source Alfresco Records Management module, enabled the deployment of cloud-based Alfresco deployments and streamlined email management and archiving; and,
- Became the first open source Records Management software to gain Department of Defense (DoD) 5015.02 certification.
Cloud Computing Innovation
- Established the Cloud Content Application Developer Program, including an Amazon EC2-ready stack and developer toolkit;
- Began offering free ECM software trials of Alfresco Enterprise in the cloud;
- Opened early access to the Alfresco SMB Edition for Amazon EC2;
- Partnered with RightScale to provide a platform for managing cloud-based enterprise deployments of Alfresco; and,
- Welcomed new cloud OEMs for Alfresco Content Services, including EMN8 and Mindjet.
“As the global economy began to rebound in 2009, our strategy and approach to the market throughout this fiscal year enabled us to continue our record growth, while also laying the foundation for a strong year ahead,” said John Newton, Alfresco Software CTO. “By continuing to invest in our core platform, provide strong services and support and enhance the customer experience through CMIS, records management, Web content management and cloud computing capabilities, Alfresco is poised for success in 2010.”
Alfresco is an enterprise open-source software company focused on advancing the flow of digital business. The company provides a better, more effortless way for people to work, making sure they have the information they need, exactly when they need it most. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is an open, modern, secure platform that intelligently activates process and content to accelerate the flow of business. It provides the fastest path for people to interact with information and for companies to respond to changing business needs. Alfresco helps over 1300 industry-leading organizations build solutions where content finds users, processes dynamically adapt to changing needs enabling global companies to be more responsive and competitive. Alfresco’s customers include Cisco, Bank of NY Mellon, Liberty Mutual, Capital One, US Department of Navy, and NASA. Founded in 2005, Alfresco has U.S. headquarters in San Mateo, California and European headquarters in Maidenhead, UK. For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.