New Alfresco Book from Wrox Press
Leading Open Source Vendor Issues Practical Solutions for Enterprise Content Management
LONDON – April 20, 2010 – Alfresco Software continues to drive the open source enterprise content management (ECM) market with the launch of PROFESSIONAL ALFRESCO: Practical Solutions for Enterprise Content Management. Driven by lead author Alfresco Chief Architect David Caruana and published by Wrox Press, PROFESSIONAL ALFRESCO is the industry’s first in-depth look at practical solutions for how businesses of all sizes can solve critical business issues and reduce costs with Alfresco ECM software.
Tweet This: Wrox launch PROFESSIONAL ALFRESCO: Practical Solutions for #ECM - order your copy
PROFESSIONAL ALFRESCO is the developers guide to understanding the key benefits companies gain from implementing Alfresco for a range of ECM challenges, including document, image, record, and Web content management. Built using the latest open source infrastructure components, Alfresco delivers a supported system that is significantly faster and more cost-effective than any other ECM system currently on the market. Recently surpassing the two million customer download mark Alfresco has evolved as the content management solution of choice for companies and organizations in all industries, including FedEx, BNP Paribas, Merck, Forbes and Yell.
The book begins with a high-level overview of Alfresco and details on its components, services and security, explaining how they work together. The authors then demonstrate how Alfresco can be implemented in different ways to meet specific business requirements, including integration with Drupal and Joomla.
Readers will learn how to use Alfresco services to create effective and complete content management solutions, including:
- Detailed code examples that demonstrate how to extend Alfresco with Web scripts
- How to integrate Alfresco with Drupal and Joomla portal solutions
- Real-world case examples of increasing levels of sophistication and complexity
- A companion Web site that contains all source code examples in the book
Wrox Press assembled an author team that includes:
- David Caruana – Alfresco Chief Architect and formerly a software designer/architect at Documentum and prior to that, a principal engineer at Oracle® working as an architect on CASE and repository tools.
- John Newton – CTO and Chairman of Alfresco, John has spent the last 25 years building information management software. In 1990, he co-founded Documentum, the enterprise content management company acquired by EMC. John started his career in databases as one of the original engineers at Ingres.
- Mike Farman – Director of Product Management for Alfresco with a long career in content management. He started working at Interleaf, specializing in large-scale publishing and spent over ten years at Documentum as the technical lead on Web Content Management.
- Michael Uzquiano –Director of Web Platform Tools for Alfresco where he leads the development of Alfresco Surf and Web Studio for scriptable Web delivery and visual layout. With over 12 years of experience in the ECM industry, Michael previously pioneered product and service efforts at Trilogy Software, Epicentric, and Vignette.
- Kevin Roast – Alfresco UI Team Technical Lead, a founding developer of the Alfresco platform and principal developer of the Alfresco Surf Web Framework. He has over 10 years of experience in the software industry and was previously a leading developer at Documentum.
“Throughout the past year we have proven continued growth and have established a strong base that has propelled us to lead the open source content services and ECM market,” said John Newton, CTO and Co-Founder of Alfresco Software. “PROFESSIONAL ALFRESCO is one of a kind and the first in the industry to provide in-depth coverage of the Alfresco architecture and services to meet real business needs.”
PROFESSIONAL ALFRESCO: Practical Solutions for Enterprise Content Management is published by Wrox Press and will be available May 17, 2010 for $49.00 in paperback. Pre-order your copy at http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Alfresco-David-Caruana/dp/0470571047
A complimentary chapter of PROFESSIONAL ALFRESCO is available
About Wrox Press
Written by actual programmers, Wrox books offer the benefits of real-world experience and road-tested examples that really work. “Beginning” books provide a complete working knowledge of the subject, using hands-on lessons and proven training techniques. “Professional” and “Expert One-On-One” books are loaded with practical, focused information from leading technology experts. “Programmer’s Reference” books are invaluable for their detailed, on-the-job reference support. “Problem-Design-Solution” books analyze development problems programmers encounter and supply solutions that work. Wrox books help programmers get the job-then do the job better. For more information, visit wrox.com. Wrox is an imprint of Wiley.
Alfresco is an enterprise open-source software company focused on advancing the flow of digital business. The company provides a better, more effortless way for people to work, making sure they have the information they need, exactly when they need it most. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is an open, modern, secure platform that intelligently activates process and content to accelerate the flow of business. It provides the fastest path for people to interact with information and for companies to respond to changing business needs. Alfresco helps over 1300 industry-leading organizations build solutions where content finds users, processes dynamically adapt to changing needs enabling global companies to be more responsive and competitive. Alfresco’s customers include Cisco, Bank of NY Mellon, Liberty Mutual, Capital One, US Department of Navy, and NASA. Founded in 2005, Alfresco has U.S. headquarters in San Mateo, California and European headquarters in Maidenhead, UK. For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.