osCaddie is part of Appnovation’s Open Source for the Enterprise initiative and integrates Drupal and Alfresco so that content is replicated across both platforms. It combines the flexibility of Drupal as a front end web development platform with the power of Alfresco as an Enterprise content management and workflow system. Content created within Alfresco can be pushed to Drupal and mapped to specific node types. This is done through the upload function using html files in the Alfresco repository. Content created in Drupal can also be pushed and replicated within the Alfresco repository. Webscripts grab the data and create the node from a preregistered model. Along with content, metadata is replicated across the two systems. Communication between Alfresco and Drupal is done using a custom RESTful API using JSON. Since data is being replicated across both systems each platform functions as intended out of the box. There is also integration using CMIS.
- Seamlessly sync Drupal and Alfresco.
- Rich UI for managing web assets as well as providing full document and knowledge management for the entire organization.
- Highly flexible presentation layer that can be used to build websites.
- Smooth synchronization of contents that are published in Alfresco to Drupal and can perform hot fixes that will track changes.
- Simple to complex workflow that can be integrated for various use cases.