Alfresco Content Services
Modern, Open and Integrated Content
Alfresco Content Services provides open, flexible, highly scalable Enterprise Content Management (ECM) capabilities. Content is accessible wherever and however you work and easily integrates with your other business applications.
When Alfresco Content Services is combined with the platform’s extensive process services, your content really works for you—and business really flows. Adding context to your content supports better decision making, improves productivity, enhances information governance and makes collaborating inside and outside your organization easier and more secure than ever.
New Trial Version 6.1 - 15 Nov, 2018
Open, Easy to Integrate & Extend
Alfresco Content Services is built on an open source core with support for open standards, open APIs and a variety of deployment options, including cloud, on-premises and hybrid-cloud configurations. The powerful platform is easy to integrate, extend and customize to meet your specific requirements.
- Out-of-the -box support for leading productivity applications, including Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Outlook and Salesforce.com
- A wide range of pre-built integrations and solutions from the vibrant Alfresco partner community, including for SAP, AutoCAD and more
- Open APIs and unmatched support for open standards, including CMIS, CIFS and WebDAV
Cloud native architecture
Alfresco Content Services has a cloud native architecture. This open & modular approach delivers the performance and scalability wherever you chose to deploy on-premise or in the cloud. Optimized for AWS, Alfresco offers agility and low total cost of ownership.
- Flexible deployment options including Docker & Kubernetes for fast and standardized deployments across all environments
- AWS optimized - support for Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (EKS) to ensure unprecedented scale
- Modular scalable architecture
Brings Content & Processes Together Seamlessly
With the Alfresco Platform, content and process work hand in hand to optimize the flow of information through your organization. To ensure that content fully supports your business goals, Alfresco Content Services includes a highly customizable, open standards-based process engine. For added functionality, you can easily expand your solution to include full Alfresco Process Services.
- Simple task and workflow creation improves productivity and includes review-and-approval workflows that can extend beyond the firewall
- Rules and actions allow complex document processing without development overhead
- Smart folders and powerful metadata capabilities present content within business context, which is especially useful for case management
Watch a brief overview of the Alfresco Content Services architecture & capabilities
Information Governance Simplified
Reduce business risk and strengthen compliance with information governance capabilities that offer an unmatched combination of simplicity and control. The Alfresco Platform automates lifecycle management—from capture through retention to final destruction—and hides the complexities of records management from users.
- Open, fully-integrated content & processes governance - Processes driving compliance for the entire information lifecycle (easy integration to other systems through Open REST APIs)
- Simple, automated record declaration consistently applies information governance policies with little or no user intervention
- A combination of access controls, security clearance levels and security marks offers highly granular control over security and permissions
- The only DoD 5015.02 certified open source records management solution
- Support for Amazon Glacier - reduce your storage costs by up to 70%
Access & Collaborate on Content from Anywhere
Alfresco Content Services provides quick and secure access to content from anywhere, including beyond the firewall. Users can easily discover, share and collaborate on everything from simple documents and case files, to large engineering drawings and rich media files. Access is available from web browsers, mobile apps and users can also take files offline with Desktop Sync. Powerful search, workflows and rich metadata ensure that the right information is always at hand.
- The Alfresco Digital Workspace accelerates user adoption with an intuitive out-of-the-box experience that can be quickly and easily extended by developers
- Smart folders and dynamic search—with auto suggestions, filtering and content previews— provide fast content retrieval
- Rich collaboration features include team sites, version tracking, discussion threads, project wikis, task lists and activity feeds
- iOS and Android apps offer on-device encryption, Mobile Device Management (MDM) support, offline access and review and approval of tasks
- Desktop Sync for Windows & Mac - Synchronize any Alfresco folder or site to your Windows or Mac